Help with researching existing claims in El Dorado County

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
I will be out in California in the beginning to middle of September. I will be prospecting some private property off of the Consomnes River and off of the American River in El Dorado County and want to explore and prospect/sample public lands in those areas . I want to make sure that I am not encroaching on anyones mining claim. Can anyone help me locate the current BLM maps of existing mining claims in those areas? I greatly appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you!

Upvote 0

chris rizin

May 6, 2013
Fair Oaks CA
Detector(s) used
brand new in the box hunk of junk discriminator 11 i got for twenty bucks!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

The blm office does have maps available. Though they don't show all existing claims as some are new and some default on payments, permits etc.. So things are always changing and they don't keep up with all of that in such a way to keep printing new maps. So I was told at the office! Lol.. Kind of a bummer because I was looking for the same thing.. I will include the link to the proper office for the area you are looking into. Just remember that claims are supposed to be properly marked and most ares you want to access are blocked by private roads with no trespassing signs everywhere! Very frustrating! Anyway order the placerville map.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/folsom.html

View attachment 799460

Here's another map I like to look at and refer to as we'll..

View attachment 799461

View attachment 799462

Good luck!

OP
OP
T

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Chris, thanks for your responses. I really appreciate your efforts. Got to the BLM site and into the LR2000 reporting application. Still trying to figure out how it works. Downloaded the instructions pdf and going back in to see if I can get a report that will give me what I want. Then hopefully I can cross reference blm claims maps for the areas I am interested in. When I figure it out I will send you a pm or post here the procedure to do it. Thanks again. If anyone out there is a whiz at LR2000 and can give me any tips would appreciate it.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a thread in the Dry Washing section on using the LR2000

OP
OP
T

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Alan, thanks for the info! Appreciate the reference to that in the Dry Washing section. Will look it up. Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions