East fork san gabriel river
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: East fork san gabriel river

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2013
    Clam Gulch, AK
    Whites GMT E-series
    133 times
    Prospecting

East fork san gabriel river

Hi was wondering if anyone is going out to the east fork. My dad wants to meet and have some one to go with. We tried cattle creek and got a few specks.

us
    Oct 2012
    Southern California
    A cheap little Bounty Hunter
    290 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ProspectorALEX View Post
    Hi was wondering if anyone is going out to the east fork. My dad wants to meet and have some one to go with. We tried cattle creek and got a few specks.
    There is always miners posting about going up to EF on FB, Here.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/381768351890776/
    In all the advancing we can do to improve this world, the sharing of knowledge and wisdom is the most important.
    We stand on the shoulders of giants.
    I am so glad I joined this Message board.
    If I post anything that inspires anyone to do better mining then me, I did my part.
    And If anyone inspires me to try something new, or better, I thank them now.

us
    Oct 2012
    Southern California
    A cheap little Bounty Hunter
    290 times
    I can't go as often as I want too. I love it. I always find gold at the Heaton Flats Bend. My avatar is Heaton Flats gold from last Oct.
    In all the advancing we can do to improve this world, the sharing of knowledge and wisdom is the most important.
    We stand on the shoulders of giants.
    I am so glad I joined this Message board.
    If I post anything that inspires anyone to do better mining then me, I did my part.
    And If anyone inspires me to try something new, or better, I thank them now.

us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    1002 times
    Prospecting
    When are you planning to go Alex? I've been considering a trip. Could meet at the bottom of the hill.

us
    Apr 2013
    Clam Gulch, AK
    Whites GMT E-series
    133 times
    Prospecting
    Dad says its not worth it

us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    1002 times
    Prospecting
    That's too bad. Hope you get to go again soon.

us
    Apr 2013
    Clam Gulch, AK
    Whites GMT E-series
    133 times
    Prospecting
    I hope we go again soon

us
    May 2014
    SoCal - Orange County
    Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter (it's a bobo $200 detector that I got from my friend but it's brand new, used only twice and best of all I paid only $40! SCORE!)
    741 times
    Prospecting
    Hi Alex, my 14 year old son and I are going up sometime soon. Let me know if you are interested in going. We will be coming from Rancho Santa Margarita. My husband says it's not worth it too but I get 8 hours of exercise, I get to be in the great outdoors, it makes me feel like a kid again playing in the mud, and that makes it worth it to me. And I'm pretty sure my son would love to have someone to hang with other than me! Plus it's exciting to find a little color to boot. ;-P
    goldenmojo likes this.
    - Sideways

~~~~~~~
    "So often in time it happens... we all live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key." - The Eagles
    ~~~~~~~

us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6844 times
    Tell your dad and husband that y'all should stop by The New Calgold in West Covina Cash for Gold in West Covina CA | West Covina Pawn on the way up to East Fork. They buy much of the gold that comes from the area. They can show you vials of dust, flakes, and chunks that came out of the East Fork.

At the bottom of the hill by all the puddles and pools, the pickins are slim. If you head up the river, I have taken fingernail size flakes out near the bridge. See, everybody prospects at the bottom of the hill. Hike up the hill towards the bridge to nowhere, and find a nice spot. Your spouses might get surprised.

Mike
    DizzyDigger likes this.
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

us
    May 2014
    SoCal - Orange County
    Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter (it's a bobo $200 detector that I got from my friend but it's brand new, used only twice and best of all I paid only $40! SCORE!)
    741 times
    Prospecting
    Hey Mike and Alex, I went up to EF for my second time ever visiting or panning today, still stayed in the area below the parking before the white bridge because I was trying to find a new friend I met last weekend. I dug 4 test buckets and panned each of them slowly to see which bucket would give some color. I got color from all 4 but one was the best and all of the larger pieces in this pic was from that bucket. Next time I go, I'm gonna head toward Heaton Flats to choose a spot. Not sure I'll make it alone with all the tools but will try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-477094786.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	322.9 KB 
ID:	1003285  
    - Sideways

~~~~~~~
    "So often in time it happens... we all live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key." - The Eagles
    ~~~~~~~

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    6063 times
    Prospecting
    Nice gold Sherry! FWIW, a couple trowels, rock pick, couple pans,
    classifier and a folding shovel fit well into a daypack. Should still
    be room for plenty of drinking water and a sammich if'n ya
    get hungry..

Alex: I started off gold prospecting back in the 1970's right
    there in the EF San Gabriel, and I hear it's still givin' up a lot
    of nice gold today. Always did my best when I turned over big
    rocks and panned the material underneath them (you'll need
    your dad's help for this).
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Herby D

May 2014
    So Cal via Tx
    Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
    65 times
    Nice pic RMSSherry...Looks like you got the "fever" ..Just an FYI that you might appreciate..We have a local guy, Ray Kobler in Hesperia, (aka, deserdog) that builds a great piece of, inexpensive, equipment that I won't leave home without...especially when going to EF..It's a hand dredge..it gets you right down on the bedrock and crevices, is light weight and easy to use..IMHO..especially for a newby, it should be one of your first purchases..Ray has an ebay store and builds quite a selection of tools to choose from..He'd probably deliver it to you personally at Cajon Creek, in the Cajon Pass..He's goes there to test his equipment..It's probably closer to you than EF but it's not as productive..You can also google him for more info..He's a real gentleman and takes a lot of pride in his product...Enjoy

Hand Dredge Combo 20 inch Super Gold Sucker w Nozzles and 12 inch Sniper II | eBay
    Old Alchemist.....

us
    May 2014
    SoCal - Orange County
    741 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks for the info Herby. Yes after finding the spot with the gold yesterday and knowing that I can't get it with a point tip shovel, I was up most of the night on YouTube. I saw several types and blended a few ideas into my own design, I've got the parts this morning and now just need to assemble. Also made myself a dry sluice this morning. Yesterday on my way to EF, I stopped by Home Depot at I-210 and bought some items to make a narrow 36 inch sluice with mat, carpet and grate and then built it at my car in the parking lot before going down to the river. Lots of fun testing out my own little design. Panning my cons right now!!!

YES, I'VE GOT THE FEVER BAD...
    REAL BAD!!!! ;-P
    Last edited by Sideways Sherry; Jun 01, 2014 at 05:01 PM.
    - Sideways

~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4714 times
    Prospecting
    RSMSherry WOW! I did not have that kind of success that early in the game. You are a natural. If you are going to be panning for a while I would get a size 12 classifier. Put it right on top of your pan, load it with material, squeeze the pan and classifier together and plunge the whole thing under water, Shake vigorously. Pan out your pan and 99% of your gold will be there. pour whats leftover in the classifier into your pan and check it well. Big flakes and nuggets will be in that pan. If you are really serious get a Bazooka Gold Trap. It does all the classifying for you and leaves you with a pan of smalls and lots of Gold. Keep up the fantastic job and post pics please.

us
    Herby D

May 2014
    So Cal via Tx
    Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
    65 times
    Kudos RS..I know it's fun, but you gotta curb/control your McGiver side ..some things can be bought cheaper than you can make them yourself..and you can use your time diggin.....s'cuse me..gotta get back to tryin to figger out how to put a hand crank on my wife's vacuum clearer before she gets home ...

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"
    Old Alchemist.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links