My New Dig Site??

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So today I went out with the sole purpose of finding a new digsite..And I think I found a great area.I figured since I have nothing better to do I would give you all a day by day video of the site..Hopefully the site will prove half ass respectable..I found it late this afternoon and spent one hour sampling the area.Tomorrow I am hiking out the backpack sluice and some buckets and intend to move some earth...Pretty much all you get is a visual presentation..We will see how this goes!! Anyway I will post every night or early the following morning..I hope everyone is enjoying good prospects>>

Upvote 0

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I hit Steven's Trail again yesterday morning.. We cleaned up the last spot and we decided to make the hike out early and leave the other spot for next week..I am taking today and possibaly tomorrow off..On my walk out we ran into 2 prospectors and I have a feeling they might be from T-NET...I would appreicaite if you would PM me..I am cautious of people when gold and my dig sites are involved..Though I doubt the intentions of these two men were of a dubious nature..I apologize again for letting you walk on by..But it is what it is..Now a tip..Where my brother and I encountered you can be some rough walking and not many places for a sluice..There is a trail that leads upriver that is of an easy to moderate nature that has multiple acsess to the river..Also less equipment the better as I am sure you found out on your walk back..I will be more then happy to share my knowledge of the area and trails and paths and anything else I may be able to help with.Anyway I am off to throw a relaxing round or two of disc golf at the Auburn course and maybe a trip to the Iowa Hill cemetary..Anyway MeteorMiner That shale is miserable stuff to pan and is very good at slicing my fingers and hands but it Pay's.,...My brother rarely touches the stuff..As for panning it's all about confidence...

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
Another great video MM, all that shine sure keeps my fever blazing. I'm glad you have your brother to share the experience.

OBD

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
MANY THANKS! :notworthy: Your presentation here is informative and thrilling, and I haven't even watched the videos yet, lol. Thanks so much! Now gonna enjoy your videos and also clue in my son about this thread which will enthrall him as it does me. He's still young enuf & strong enuf to get into prospecting, which I'm not. You're definitely "going for the gold!" Get enuf gold and then cast your own Olympic gold medal for perserverance, brawn, & success! Andi

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking that I hate panning that rocky flinty stuff while I was watching that lol, and yeah he's a good panner. I pan fast too, not that fast but I don't worry about losing the gold, the biggest waste of time I see is people going too slow afraid the gold is going to fly out of the pan.

To me the pans with the deep built in traps are like training wheels, once you get good at panning the small finishing pan that Marshall used in the video is all that is needed.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread