Miller Table

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got my table running. Was surprised at how many factors can affect recovery and pleased with the results. I like this a lot.

This out of the black sands that I've been keeping after panning.

IMG_0513.JPG

Upvote 0

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like an old Caddy, wide and slow. Looks like you did a really good job putting it together.

OP
OP
sidvail

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually, I'm wishing I would have made it thinner and longer. Still, it works pretty well so I'll use it until I figure out the next one. It's amazing how fine the gold can be and still be retrieved. I crushed a bowl of the previously run black sand to maybe 200 mesh and retrieved even more. It was so fine you had to sweep a bunch together to even see it. Pretty cool.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks good. Wish I knew someone in Denver with one I could run my old cons thru!

OP
OP
sidvail

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was a pretty easy set up. Since I put the valve on all I had to do was adjust the water flow. Using a Tsunami 500 GPH pump which gave me a little more than I needed, so the valve was a must. I played with the angle a little and made sure it was level - that's it. I made it with a reservoir feed rather than a blade as it just made sense. Thinking of putting a strip (moss or cloth?) of something along the lip of the reservoir to smooth the water even more, but don't really think I need to.

Read a lot and watched many videos before I made it. Will try some of that green cutting mat for a base next time.

http://goldfeverminingsupply.com/miller-table A.pdf

May be the simplest piece of equipment I will need for my fines.

medic7a

Apr 30, 2013
Placerville, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you found cutting mat without the grid squares? I have tried all kinds of paint but found that black shower pan liner has worked the best so far. Always looking for something easy to find and cost effective for the surface. Has anyone tried a flat powdercoat before?

OP
OP
sidvail

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, the lines on the cutting mats are a problem. There's got to be something better than my paint though. It's working, but already getting thin. I started with chalkboard paint from Krylon - but it did not work well at all. Same here - I want it to be cheap :)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
why not try some urathane rubber mat like the Black Majic sluice uses. ive watched it run on this sluice and it compares almost equally to my slate Miller table.

OP
OP
sidvail

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll take a look at that. I like the idea of a rubber type surface. Slate would be so nice though. I keep hoping I'll find an old chalk board somewhere.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have some pool table slate, but I am in Phoenix, so nevermind.

OP
OP
sidvail

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you found cutting mat without the grid squares? I have tried all kinds of paint but found that black shower pan liner has worked the best so far. Always looking for something easy to find and cost effective for the surface. Has anyone tried a flat powdercoat before?

So you like the shower pan liner? Did you glue it down to a support? You've got me thinking of trying it now.

medic7a

Apr 30, 2013
Placerville, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i used a piece of 16 gauge aluminum for the table and roughed it up with 90 grit sand paper and glued the mat with a 3m vinyl contact cement then put a heavy sheet of scrap steel on top of it till it cured. I found the black liner at a plumbing store. HD only carries gray.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread