newbie in idaho

Boarder14

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2013
boise idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started prospecting and have some equipment. I was wondering what the best way to find an open claim was. I tried the LR2000 and it doesn't seem to be working for me. also went and paid for goldmaps but I hear that isn't the most accurate. Thanks for any help you can give.

Always looking for new people to go with because I usually head out alone and that's no fun. ive got pans, a folding sluice even just bought a two inch dredge and dessert fox. I would love to meet up with people.

Upvote 0

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First off WELCOME!!!! :hello2: :headbang: :occasion14: And second I am in Meridian and I can offer some help and recommend that you check out and join both the IGPA and the NGPAA because their claims are gold bearing and it makes life easier being under the blanket of a group when you are starting out. See me and my pardner in action at Gold sluicebox progression - YouTube

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Idaho for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net. There is a lot to learn here.
If I was even CLOSE to Idaho, I know who I'd want to go out with....that guy layn on his bike!! He finds gold !!

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to T-Net. There is a lot to learn here.
If I was even CLOSE to Idaho, I know who I'd want to go out with....that guy layn on his bike!! He finds gold !!

Thanks Rob! If you ever make it out this way even in winter we can go out and find you some too!

OP
OP
B

Boarder14

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2013
boise idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I've been looking at IGPA and think I will be joining shortly. I just wanna go out and learn the ropes with someone who knows what they are doing. I don't mind doing grunt work I just need to figure out what i'm doing. Youtube will only teach you so much before you gotta get out and do it.

Last edited:

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good call. Start with the nampa gpaa and go on the club outings after the monthly meetings. Good way to learn allot and go out with experienced folks.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good call. Start with the nampa gpaa and go on the club outings after the monthly meetings. Good way to learn allot and go out with experienced folks.

And wether it be club or not, the first "old timer" you come across and y'all get along.... Latch on, he has tricks to teach you :-)

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rob! If you ever make it out this way even in winter we can go out and find you some too!

It's sure tempting, especially today, it was 100 degrees and really humid (65dew point)
A front came thru and it's completely calm. I'm sitting here just dripping with sweat.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
how often do they have outtings?

Once a month and it's usually a different claim each month so you can get accustomed to each. Your not supposed to go to them on your own without buying the "book" but it's only 30 bucks so all in all its not a bad deal. I'll be happy to show you where we are working if you buy the book. We actually are taking a week long trip up there starting this upcoming Tuesday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions