Used my dredge on the South Yuba river

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

nuggeteer

Jun 7, 2013
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I'll call my snuffer bottle a micro dredge now. There's a huge recreation area near Redding where you can pan, but you can't use a snuffer bottle.

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One very tanned naked man had a pan and some sort of tool dangling but I turned my head away towards the ladies nearbye. I was the only person dressed. I burn easy!

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! I'll call my snuffer bottle a micro dredge now. There's a huge recreation area near Redding where you can pan, but you can't use a snuffer bottle.

Are you talking about the whiskeytown area??? I don't think I'd go near there, too much of a chance to get in trouble over small details

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me more aufisher - edwards, purdon, or 49 bridge? I read all the time how the non-profits are cleaning the river, so you must be mistaken about broken
glass. They've got "river ambassadors", river keepers, river monitors, all on tax money (except volunteers). No way should any part of s. yuba be trashy.

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dig at Purdon and you shall find lead, pull-tabs and glass. Hwy 49, Purdon or Edwards. Being possible historical artifacts best left in place.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go upstream on the south trail along the river at least a half mile up and work the high to low water marks and turn over every boulder you can. The ancient rivers Yuba channel crosses the river there and my my my the gold does flow for those who move rocks-John

skscott

Greenie
Jul 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go upstream on the south trail along the river at least a half mile up and work the high to low water marks and turn over every boulder you can. The ancient rivers Yuba channel crosses the river there and my my my the gold does flow for those who move rocks-John
He John- we live up in McArthur- want to do a weekender down there?

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AUfisher i have a couple of claims on the north fork yuba, or we could hook up and glass the cuties on the middle

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know that area pretty well. Live nearby. It's true about the broken glass. I got cut last time we went out panning.

Past Buttermilk Bend?

Anyone know about the land that's upriver from the state park? I'm getting confusing results. Its DOD land, but my land matters is telling me it has a claim on it? Also could use enlightenment on what DOD land is. Was hoping to be able to just walk out of the state park past the nudists, their glass and smell and dig, sluice and pan to my hearts content. But, that obviously won't happen if there's a claim on it. :icon_scratch:

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010

One day, above Edwards,a man and his son came down near sunset and showed me a huge nugget about an inch long he had found in a shallow crack while he was fishing!

I came back about 4 days later to investigate, but all the cracks had been cleaned out, and a dredge hose was lying on the opposite shore. I kick myself over that deal, I should have gone in the very next morning!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nudists...nuggets...cracks.....hoses.....:icon_scratch:
Yep their showin' up in Oregon too! :laughing7:
sic sic sic

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We don't have nudists or nuggets here in CO to speak of...would be happy to live with one to get the other tho!

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ewww no Kevin! What has been seen, cannot be unseen! Plus they're rude.

There's got to be a crack repellent. I wanna find my nuggets, not theirs!

:evil5: There is a rule in this state park about cavorting around naked. Funny how that rule isn't enforced but the no digging one is from what i've heard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread