Attack of the frogs!!!!

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone! I've got a story that is somewhat ironic, sad, gross, and random. I was walking past where I have my dredge hose stored for my gravity dredge setups and I smelled something terrible. I decided to investigate to make sure that there wasn't anything dead around where my hose was. When I pulled my 50ft length of 3inch hose out from under the tarp the smell was overwhelming and it was coming from inside of the hose... I rolled the hose around until I saw it... There was a frog stuck inside of the hose and he was dead and rotting. This wouldn't have bothered me so much if him dying in the hose hadn't MELTED a huge hole in the middle of my hose!!! I guess the frogs are just trying to keep me from gravity dredging too... For any of those out there that use big lengths of hose to gravity dredge, be sure to cap off the ends of your hose or store it in a place where one of these suckers wont climb in there and melt your hose...Even though I was upset that it caused me some trouble I was still amazed how a little frog could melt through a thick hose like that..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the heads up, but this story should not be posted.

Why? Frogs could crawl into anything and die. Especially when its hot outside. Not like the environmentalists are going to say people aren't allowed to have hose in their yard because its killing frogs... Actually wouldn't be surprised if they did try something like that..

Last edited:

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh... My... That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.. Doesn't take much to get them all riled up. It isn't too hard to put a cap on a marker though...

Don't worry about it. They already handled that dredging hose problem in CA, they out lawed them.CA is a Crazy stupid state. It's like everybody's high, oh wait they are.

panner59

Dec 2, 2012
California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only things that have suction in California Come out of Sacramento!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread