Dry creek....Good Crack

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished working twenty days with no days off...needed to hit the creek really bad. I had an hour and a half before sundown on Saturday so I went to my neighborhood spot. Got to the creek and she is bone dry already not even a puddle to pan in.Iv'e been working small benches and doing well but, you need water because of the amount of overburden.I decided to try and find one choice crack to work. Found a cobble lodged in some bedrock popped it out started scraping.Pulled out about four cups of material BUT,NEVER HIT BOTTOM..I didn't have my long reach scooper with me.Got my first chance today to see what I pulled from the crack:headbang:....look at the gold from a Quart of dirt:icon_thumleft: I also scored six good golfballs from someone who has been practicing their drive from one of the houses on the ridge above.....all in all a great hour of my time.Man do i need more days off.

Attachments

• gold resize pic.jpg
    gold resize pic.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pville, what is the # on your slave tag? I mean being employed is a good thing but 20 days steady, that is just not good for your health and therefore for the company, IMHO.

The take from that crack makes me think if AZVipers vacuum made from a leaf blower, suck that stuff out. Good score on the golf balls. There must be a use for them in prospecting, can't think of one right now though.

And yes, creeks and rivers are really getting low if not dry like yours.............................63bkpkr

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slave tag is #0001....Im in a salaried position so I also don't get overtime. Not to worried about my physical health its the mental side I'm worried about My wife is 8 months pregnant and my yard work is suffering so I won't be doing it again I just lost an employee and had to cover shifts..As far as the golf balls go I don't need a prospecting use as I play golf so if I find some ocasional balls in the drainage it just adds to the days take. The ones I have been finding are 2 bucks each atleast when new, and they're in terrific shape.I have a 12volt vacume im gonna modify the material in the crack was actually still pretty muddy.I will go back down and get to the bottom if I can especially after seeing what was in the top material.it was a good mix of muddy sandy stuff and quite a bit of 1 inch plus gravel I was dry screening through my classifier. hopefully there are some chunkies in there it is very close to where I have been finding .5 gram pickers and nice flakes more flyspecks than I usually get there too.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am feeling you man.... The only time I have been out lately was 5am on Father's Day!

image.jpg

About all I got was a beautiful morning.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quantity if dirt isn't always most important but quality is. Nice yellow pvillehunter. I agree with 63, azvipers vac would be great there.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just finished working twenty days with no days off...needed to hit the creek really bad. I had an hour and a half before sundown on Saturday so I went to my neighborhood spot. Got to the creek and she is bone dry already not even a puddle to pan in.Iv'e been working small benches and doing well but, you need water because of the amount of overburden.I decided to try and find one choice crack to work. Found a cobble lodged in some bedrock popped it out started scraping.Pulled out about four cups of material BUT,NEVER HIT BOTTOM..I didn't have my long reach scooper with me.Got my first chance today to see what I pulled from the crack:headbang:....look at the gold from a Quart of dirt:icon_thumleft: I also scored six good golfballs from someone who has been practicing their drive from one of the houses on the ridge above.....all in all a great hour of my time.Man do i need more days off.

You gotta follow up on that man . Of course I could understand not doing it .................
............................ if your dead . :coffee2:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Quantity if dirt isn't always most important but quality is. Nice yellow pvillehunter. I agree with 63, azvipers vac would be great there.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Quality over quantity :icon_thumright: . Learning to pick your fights is the key to the whole thing .

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Takoda, I am familiar with hills like that as I've hiked them and I want to go back to go further up.

Pville, congratulations on the new child, is this the first? I have three children myself though the youngest is likely your age, mid 30's. Salaried has some benefits though I can not think of any at the moment. That is nice looking gold - best of luck to you when you can get back to it, likely after doing the yard first but maybe a few months after the baby comes.

You've a busy time ahead, my best wishes to all of you!..........................63bkpkr

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No 63 I have a 10 yr old and a 7 year old from my previous marriage.They are with me full time so I am pretty busy besides work. They are old enough now to hit the river with me and I don't have to worry to much.And the only benifit of salary is the salary the hours get rediculous. Back to the gold....I will be back shortly to finish out that crack and now that the water is gone it is actually easier to pick through the area it is pretty brushy down in the canyon and the dry creek makes a great trail.The creekbed is mostly bedrock with patches of cobble and gravels Quartz everywhere.Everytime i just pan or clean samples at home I get bits of Quartz with gold in it, stuff that a sluice doesnt typically hold. The fine gold is always rough and fresh looking so I believe most of it is being liberated from the quartz as it moves downstream.There is also a spot with a nice drop where I am going to build a wier and set up an intake so I can run a pipe for a quiet gravity powered powersluice. I've done it before at a spot where a culvert was dumping into a creek from a side drainage into a main channel.The culvert was about 8 feet above the main creek and it gave us way more volume and and flow then we ever needed.We cleared out the easy stuff and moved on. I have always looked for a similar situation since.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the crack is still muddy at the bottom, pour in some more water and then suck it out. I have worked cracks like that with some success.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pville, Big storm coming in so if you want to get at it while it is dry do it soon.

I started taking my children with me when they were 4 yrs of age, one at a time. It was great! Being out there they learned the difference in freedom's between the out back and in the city, the responsibilities also shifted but they adjusted quickly.
Have Fun.....................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread