Gold Prospecting in Northern Virginia

Bkatz

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2012
I am a Military transplant to the DC area from California. Having basic prospecting gear, but have no cue where to go or how to use the equipment. Looking for a people to tag along with or willing to show me how to use my equipment. I am located Alexandria and have been looking around near the Rappahannock River. Any help would be great!! Have transportation and my own gear.

Appreciate the Help!!

Brett

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - Noticed this is your very first post - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome Bkatz! TN is a huge forum with members from all around the world. The boards are a little slow this time of year, but some good folks will find your post and help you out. Have fun and good luck!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Put this in your google search and you will be on your way: potomac river prospecting

...looking forward to seeing you post a story of your first outings here (hint, hint!)

And thanks for your service!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bkatz

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2012
Will Do, Appreciate the help. I have about everything I need but a place to start..

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would like to say thank you for your service to our country, as well as all who are, and have served. A little off post, but I think it's important to appreciate our service people. I did serve from 1962-66 myself.
I am a Military transplant to the DC area from California. Having basic prospecting gear, but have no cue where to go or how to use the equipment. Looking for a people to tag along with or willing to show me how to use my equipment. I am located Alexandria and have been looking around near the Rappahannock River. Any help would be great!! Have transportation and my own gear.

Appreciate the Help!!

Brett

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread