Montana or Idaho

swcda

Jun 23, 2012
Back in Coeur d'Alene, ID
Detector(s) used
MineLab X Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both states have gold in certain rivers. Researching online should give you plenty of ideas to choose from. If your into gems check out Gem mountain in MT for gem quality sapphires. Idaho has Emerald Creek garnet area where you can find start garnets that are only found in 2 locations in the world. Both are pay places but fun nonetheless. Another idea is to pick up a rock hounding book for both states.

Good luck.

OP
OP
H

Hubolds

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, yes I have looked online and Central Idaho or Missoula area is where I'm focused. Just trying to see if anyone has favorite rivers where I won't be hassled by claims, fly fishermen etc. thx for the tips.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In Idaho near Boise and Idaho city is grimes creek which has public access and there is the payette which after July 15 is open too. Contact me via pm and I'll send you some links and info. A membership to one of the two clubs in the area is cheap and they have lots of claims that are gold bearing.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We and our senators told the EPA to p#ss up a rope. They have NO control here. It's called state sovereignty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions