Its official.... I own the TNT

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
I received notice from the BLM on the 3rd that they have accepted my filing fees for the "TNT" claim. I now officially own an 80 acre claim south of Rich Hill, AZ!! Now, I just have to find enough gold on it to brag about it! TTC

Terry, congratulations on owning your own 80 acre claim!!! I am wishing you the best in finding a ton of gold on your claim and hoping the good lord gives you the time to do it !! Good Luck !!

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
way to go terry!!! sounds like you and tim will be busy for a while!bring home all the good stuff and post pics of the finds! good job terry we are happy for you!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes... here is a Google pic of it with boundaries...... TTC

TNT Claim.jpg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Terry C,
Congrats on the 80 acre claim! So now Will "The Detector" companies come out with new Pulse detectors so you've something new to use on something new?! Best of Luck and you'd better get used to walking as 80 acres is a mighty big stroll!.....................63bkpkr

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry , congrats on the claim . Has this claim been worked before , have samples been assayed , just wondering why you chose this particular claim . Cheers from Mick in the Tropical Nth of Oz

AUMIKE

Greenie
May 27, 2012
Mother Lode
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Terry, what are your thought about staying at the Stanton LDMA camp for the winter. I can't handle another winter back here in Pa.
Mike

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Terry I see things in the satalite pic. that I like.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Terry, what are your thought about staying at the Stanton LDMA camp for the winter. I can't handle another winter back here in Pa.
Mike
Mike. Check with the Stanton Camp NOW! It is the only LDMA property where reservations are required. You may already be too late! It fills up FAST! TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Terry , congrats on the claim . Has this claim been worked before , have samples been assayed , just wondering why you chose this particular claim . Cheers from Mick in the Tropical Nth of Oz
The claim area has been worked MANY times before! I just have to try and find a spot where it has been worked LESS than the other spots! Actually, I had to "get mine" before it disappeared! If you've seen the BLM page lately, you will see "The Massey Bunch" claiming up quite a bit lately. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your an association claim and all the waivers-exemptions go out the window-sorry for ya as many years too late to the game-run don't walk to your local BLM minerals Examiner /officer and the truth shall be self evident.....don't shoot the messenger...John
John, doesn't the association thing refer to those claiming more than ten claims... meaning anyone listed on more than ten 20 acre parcels? TTC

TeamNugget

Mar 31, 2013
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, old school out of date.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratz man, wish Like hell we could steak a claim on the east coast, lots of nice gold out here and tons of prudes that think finding gold is some alien concept. Damn shame you're on the other side of the country, I'd love to come help ya out on that claim. Best of luck with it.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratz man, wish Like hell we could steak a claim on the east coast, lots of nice gold out here and tons of prudes that think finding gold is some alien concept. Damn shame you're on the other side of the country, I'd love to come help ya out on that claim. Best of luck with it.
Nugget, are you aware that when Horace Greely said, "Go west, young man. Go west" he was talking about NC? Trivia fact. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John, I checked with "The Source", my brother Tim. My claim is not an association claim. More than one claimant, is an association claim. It was before that ALL owners were shared responsible for the $140/year. Now, all owners have to pay $140 each. But Maintenance waiver is still $10/claim/year and in effect. TTC

keepmehumblelord

Jan 10, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Terry!

I received notice from the BLM on the 3rd that they have accepted my filing fees for the "TNT" claim. I now officially own an 80 acre claim south of Rich Hill, AZ!! Now, I just have to find enough gold on it to brag about it! TTC

Im sure i can do something about finding some gold on your claim haha! Im coming down tuesday, we might have to check out your new claim.

keepmehumblelord

Jan 10, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The claim area has been worked MANY times before! I just have to try and find a spot where it has been worked LESS than the other spots! Actually, I had to "get mine" before it disappeared! If you've seen the BLM page lately, you will see "The Massey Bunch" claiming up quite a bit lately. TTC
Ya that is very upsetting about the massey claiming up everything. There should be a limit. Especially filing at $10 when you know there is no way that 100 dollars of clean up on each claim is being done.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a good spot Terry, right on Weaver Creek. Nice score!

They certainly missed claiming a bunch of land around Rich Hill. This is the most wide open I've seen the Hill in years. Several claims from the 1930's were dropped this past year too. There is claimable land within easy walking distance from Stanton.

A lot of that area is still open to claim, including most of the old Lucky Lindas. I haven't completely finished mapping the claim changes in that area but it's really surprising how many claims were dropped this year, not just on Rich Hill but in most of the areas I checked.

The Massey Bunch does not file small miners exemption, they have too many claims (436 claims in Arizona alone) so they have to pay the whole fee (about $64,000 in fees in Arizona). Seems this year those Las Vegas folks didn't get around to renewing their claims so those claims will probably open up soon. As far as the Massey Bunch around Rich Hill I wouldn't even want one of those claims east of the Dairy, never had much luck over there.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions