Anyone in Grass Valley (Northern CA)

T3112H

Jan 13, 2013
I'll try to keep it short...

I've been going out quite a bit lately. There are a couple of claims that I've been prospecting (don't worry, I've been given permission by owner on title). I'm a younger guy (twenties) who lives in the Bay Area with a wife and a small child. My wife is starting to throw a fit about me going alone, afraid that I'll get hurt or bit by a rattle snake.

I understand her concern and told her that I would join a club or see if I can find somebody to go out with me.

With that said, is there anybody out there in the area that would be interested in going out sometime? Or what clubs would you all suggest where I could meet some people?

TIA

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What your wife really wants to hear is re-assurance that you will make it back from whatever you are going(because she has no real idea) She needs to understand that although you would like to have a friend come along prospecting, it will often be impossible besides, you are confident and prepared for virtually any unforeseen event. Show her your day pack with: first aid /snake bite kit, knife, canteen, snacks, rain jacket, snake chaps, fire starting materials, cell phone etc. Then take her with you to a prescouted location so she has a firm understanding of what prospecting is really like(beautiful creek near the safety of a public road/parking lot, no bugs, not too hot or cold and minimal to no hike. A picnic table and clean restroom close would be a nice touch. You are creating a vision of perception here, we all know prospecting reality. Before landing the troops you have to bomb the beach.

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
"beautiful creek near the safety of a public road/parking lot, no bugs, not too hot or cold and minimal to no hike. A picnic table and clean restroom close would be a nice touch."

Sounds like the "Marriot" downtown. :laughing7:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I allways take old Sam Colt with me, he's kinda likes to sit in the shade, but if there is trouble, he's the first one up:laughing7:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fantastic Auburn Goldhounds have a great website to see,outings,monthly meetings,don't mt your wallet for membership,full of us retired folks with tons of different pieces of equipment and goldfarbs. EZ to buddy up then. I much prefer alone but as a ol'fart I'm trying to change my ways for safety as pot cartels and crankster gangsters wit heir mobile meth labs are all over the forests now. Watch out for Hmong/Vietnamese gangs shooting everything that moves either as they run in paks in trinity county bigtime,the forests are fulla gunfire and nuttn' alive when they clear it out.does,fawns,rabbits,squirrels,racoons,possums-EVERYTHING GONE....John

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that the truth about these folks raping the landscape John. Even our tide pools over here on the coast. Used to be such a variety of sea life in the close shore areas. All manner of crabs, sea urchins, sea anemones, star fish, etc. It's like a watery desert now. Same with a lot of the forest land. DFG has basically looked the other way for years. "They will assimilate", oh boy!

Mike

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant believe they waste there time messing with gold prospectors instead of focusing on the illegal grows and meth labs. Governments priorities are all out of wack.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try to keep it short...

I've been going out quite a bit lately. There are a couple of claims that I've been prospecting (don't worry, I've been given permission by owner on title). I'm a younger guy (twenties) who lives in the Bay Area with a wife and a small child. My wife is starting to throw a fit about me going alone, afraid that I'll get hurt or bit by a rattle snake.

I understand her concern and told her that I would join a club or see if I can find somebody to go out with me.

With that said, is there anybody out there in the area that would be interested in going out sometime? Or what clubs would you all suggest where I could meet some people?

TIA

Be careful what you wish for - If you're a loner type, maybe you find being alone out there refreshes you. Friends, fellow partners don't always mean a better
experience. Although I had some great partners over the years, I found being alone in the forest for weeks at a time helped me to deal with city people better
without getting "all tied up in knots". Also found there was no reason to drink alcohol out there - took another decade to stop drinking altogether.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've worn out a couple of good miner partners and threw out quite a few theiving dogs who just couldn't be honest no matter what their take amounted too. Nuttn' better than spending at least 6 months a year in the boonies gettn' decitified and returning to a much simplier time. Not seeing a soul for 10-14 days at a time is just fine with me. But my camps are a mite comfy though-hot water,shower and a toilet does make a slight difference in camp life-John

Attachments

• 04-15-2012 02;32;26PM.JPG
    04-15-2012 02;32;26PM.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 162

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread