Anyone in Grass Valley (Northern CA)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Hard Prospector
  • 2 Post By Hefty1
  • 1 Post By Oakview2
  • 1 Post By Fullpan
  • 1 Post By Hoser John

Thread: Anyone in Grass Valley (Northern CA)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2013
    1 times

Anyone in Grass Valley (Northern CA)

I'll try to keep it short...

I've been going out quite a bit lately. There are a couple of claims that I've been prospecting (don't worry, I've been given permission by owner on title). I'm a younger guy (twenties) who lives in the Bay Area with a wife and a small child. My wife is starting to throw a fit about me going alone, afraid that I'll get hurt or bit by a rattle snake.

I understand her concern and told her that I would join a club or see if I can find somebody to go out with me.

With that said, is there anybody out there in the area that would be interested in going out sometime? Or what clubs would you all suggest where I could meet some people?

TIA
    Last edited by T3112H; Jul 05, 2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Mistyped

Jan 2013
    Placer County, CA
    109 times
    Prospecting
    Lots of Sacramento, Auburn, Colfax, Grass Valley people on here. I'm heading out tomorrow early!

us
    Aug 2012
    SO CAL
    SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
    1371 times
    Prospecting
    What your wife really wants to hear is re-assurance that you will make it back from whatever you are going(because she has no real idea) She needs to understand that although you would like to have a friend come along prospecting, it will often be impossible besides, you are confident and prepared for virtually any unforeseen event. Show her your day pack with: first aid /snake bite kit, knife, canteen, snacks, rain jacket, snake chaps, fire starting materials, cell phone etc. Then take her with you to a prescouted location so she has a firm understanding of what prospecting is really like(beautiful creek near the safety of a public road/parking lot, no bugs, not too hot or cold and minimal to no hike. A picnic table and clean restroom close would be a nice touch. You are creating a vision of perception here, we all know prospecting reality. Before landing the troops you have to bomb the beach.
    Last edited by Hard Prospector; Jul 06, 2013 at 09:43 AM.
    Jeff95531 likes this.

us
    Dec 2010
    1485 times
    "beautiful creek near the safety of a public road/parking lot, no bugs, not too hot or cold and minimal to no hike. A picnic table and clean restroom close would be a nice touch."

Sounds like the "Marriot" downtown.
    Goldwasher and Jeff95531 like this.

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3352 times
    Finding GOLD
    I allways take old Sam Colt with me, he's kinda likes to sit in the shade, but if there is trouble, he's the first one up
    63bkpkr likes this.
    "The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6710 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The fantastic Auburn Goldhounds have a great website to see,outings,monthly meetings,don't mt your wallet for membership,full of us retired folks with tons of different pieces of equipment and goldfarbs. EZ to buddy up then. I much prefer alone but as a ol'fart I'm trying to change my ways for safety as pot cartels and crankster gangsters wit heir mobile meth labs are all over the forests now. Watch out for Hmong/Vietnamese gangs shooting everything that moves either as they run in paks in trinity county bigtime,the forests are fulla gunfire and nuttn' alive when they clear it out.does,fawns,rabbits,squirrels,racoons,possums-EVERYTHING GONE....John

us
    Oct 2008
    Northern California
    1187 times
    Isn't that the truth about these folks raping the landscape John. Even our tide pools over here on the coast. Used to be such a variety of sea life in the close shore areas. All manner of crabs, sea urchins, sea anemones, star fish, etc. It's like a watery desert now. Same with a lot of the forest land. DFG has basically looked the other way for years. "They will assimilate", oh boy!

Mike

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
    3284 times
    Cant believe they waste there time messing with gold prospectors instead of focusing on the illegal grows and meth labs. Governments priorities are all out of wack.

May 2012
    nevada
    1527 times
    Quote Originally Posted by T3112H View Post
    I'll try to keep it short...

I've been going out quite a bit lately. There are a couple of claims that I've been prospecting (don't worry, I've been given permission by owner on title). I'm a younger guy (twenties) who lives in the Bay Area with a wife and a small child. My wife is starting to throw a fit about me going alone, afraid that I'll get hurt or bit by a rattle snake.

I understand her concern and told her that I would join a club or see if I can find somebody to go out with me.

With that said, is there anybody out there in the area that would be interested in going out sometime? Or what clubs would you all suggest where I could meet some people?

TIA
    Be careful what you wish for - If you're a loner type, maybe you find being alone out there refreshes you. Friends, fellow partners don't always mean a better
    experience. Although I had some great partners over the years, I found being alone in the forest for weeks at a time helped me to deal with city people better
    without getting "all tied up in knots". Also found there was no reason to drink alcohol out there - took another decade to stop drinking altogether.
    Last edited by Fullpan; Jul 07, 2013 at 10:47 PM.
    Jeff95531 likes this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6710 times
    I've worn out a couple of good miner partners and threw out quite a few theiving dogs who just couldn't be honest no matter what their take amounted too. Nuttn' better than spending at least 6 months a year in the boonies gettn' decitified and returning to a much simplier time. Not seeing a soul for 10-14 days at a time is just fine with me. But my camps are a mite comfy though-hot water,shower and a toilet does make a slight difference in camp life-John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04-15-2012 02;32;26PM.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	825554  
    Fullpan likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links