History Channel Video-finding the Motherlode

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting video. Too bad there isn't a follow up on Nevada. Sidenote, Nevada is a spanish name. Means 'covered in snow'. Fitting name.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool video. Thanks for sharing that.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many places so little time

"Very Interesting" (Rowan & Martin, Laugh in) but now I have a better understanding and the desire to go out again. So little time and so many canyons!

I know of a "Ten Stamp Mill". At the output end is a large filled area with all this white crushed quartz rock, let's say it is about 60' x 40' x 25' in dimensions. It all came out of a hard rock mine shaft.

I know of another weathered ridge with this lovely quartz outcrop on it, hmmmm. As a matter of fact I can think of a whole bunch of other places to go back to. Gotta wait as the GMT is still on its way to Whites, darn........................63bkpkr

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sidenote, Nevada is a Spanish name. Means 'covered in snow'. Fitting name.

It only snows once once a year in Nevada, and then the same snow blows around the
state the rest of the year to give that appearance.
moose.gif

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lived in Reno and CC for years--snows many MANY times a year and colder than my x wives lawyers black heart-John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Good find Grasshopper! Love the graphics they do and the history lesson was interesting as well. Now.... your assignment is to find PART 2!!!!!!

panner59

Dec 2, 2012
California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the great video! Can you imagine going back in time knowing what we no now? I've been all the way to the back of the Banerita gold mine. It opens up into a huge void 80ft. high and 50ft. wide. When you look up towards the ceiling you can see the humongous logs holding up the quartz vain. the vain itself at the point is 8ft wide and travels the length of the void. It is quite impressive to look at knowing it was all done by hand. There are different water filled shafts that you can follow for about three miles. This void must have been the place where they dumped the ore cars from the different shafts. I've also found three different "old channels" that are cut thru by the river. I Have sampled these areas and found a lot of gold. But the owner died and don't know if his wife is still alive. Always a dream of mine to go back!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions