lost mines

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
yes i understand the strait line concept and before and after on the inside bends and the flat spots right after a steep incline. i have planned a for 4 day drip to a stop right at the wilderness boundary with my son, thats all we are going to do infact we are leaving the fishing poles at home. the creek im prospecting is 18 miles long in national forest. the creek has lots of feeds from much higher so i will have plenty of time to run around and do test holes. this creek bed was formed by a glacier i believe. look. here is the entire creek and in the second photo notice the fork in the road and it crosses the creek there is a sign on the other side of the creek that says no motorize vehicles beyond this point. thats where i want to camp. notice the two side creeks feeding it.

Attachments

• image-3217314414.jpg
    image-3217314414.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3923271029.jpg
    image-3923271029.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 99

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i were working an old gold mine back in the day you know what i would do? Just leave big nuggets laying on the ground that could be picked up with little to no effort....

These men died in those mines or later a horrible,slow and painful death. They abandoned them cause there was either very little gold left OR you had very little chance of getting it without dying. I SAY GO FOR IT! ......because nobody ever thought of that before.....your the first one. Why didnt we think of that?

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
i could argue with you all day long. the hole got there for a reason. ya there may not be any laying around in big chucks but there may be material worth going threw my pan and those are not the only reasons. the government shut down all mines during war time and some never returned due to recession. besides i already said im not going im gonna stay in the stream under the sun.

bubba2996

Nov 18, 2014
Caldwell id
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I myself have been in many a mine,we spent most of are teen years spalunking in old shafts some we could walk thru and some we had ti use a rope tied off to the truck and go down a straight shaft and i can say from personal experience that it is a thrill to step back in time and it is amazing to see the inginuity of the ole'timers....but....it is extremly dangerous i have lost two of my friends becuase they fell down 100" plus shaft and they died a relatively slow dark lonely death i would just urg cuation and make sure you turn around if you see rotten wood or (most of the time small) collapse in the mine. P.S. u will never see easy pickin gold in a mine if u ever see any atall good luck and stay safe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread