New Site Member

Drawman

Jul 17, 2013
Central Valley
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi All,
New member here, just wanted to introduce myself. I posted this here because all I do is Gold prospecting with pan or sluice. I used to pan and sluice about 15 years ago, but got busy with work and family. Now getting back into it, dragging grandkids along sometimes.
I'm a male, 53 years old, I live in Modesto CA
Always looking for places to pan first, sluice second. Areas I plan to frequent - Briceburg/Merced River, Stanislaus River(s), various spots along Hwy 49. I know what claim markers look like, so I will be able to stay off others claims. My hope is to have my own claim to work by the end of the year, not necessarily in the areas I mentioned before.

This seems to be a great site, with great people. Forgive me in advance for any idiotic questions, I promise to use the search feature first before asking :icon_thumright:

To those that prospect or have a claim in the Briceburg area......the attached map is what the BLM gives out, showing claims. Does this look right? I don't want to be on someone elses claim.

View attachment MercedRecMining8x14web[1].pdf

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Drawman

Jul 17, 2013
Central Valley
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Seeing is believing" Drawman. I couldn't believe this guy was getting that much gold that fast either. I even asked if i could pan some of the dirt from his tailing piles just to check how much gold he was missing. He was barely "missing" anything. Maybe a speck here and there. Certainly not enough to worry about. It definately changed the way i prospect. Turns out, "Time is Money".

That's for sure, time is money. But hey if I wasn't doing this, I'd be golfing or fishing...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread