leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
has the biggest gold nugget on earth been found?

thinking on it, i would have to say no.

over 70 percent of the earths surface is covered in salt water that has hasn't been prospected.

just going by the odds, i would have to think that there are some incredibly rich,

untouched placers out there waiting to be found.

as rich or richer than the original California mother load.

something to think about.

your thoughts?

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Bugs Bunny would say - Eeeh Whats up Doc and it could be. The chemistry involving gold is interesting stuff as well as what causes it to clump together and be deposited are also interesting. Will man kind ever know how much is on the planet? I would like just enough to pay off student loans, is that asking too much?..........................63bkpkr

hunting123

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Pro-Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should have took a left turn in Albuquerqe :)

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think, if you could wait around (alone) til the Sierra erodes down to flatland like Australia, there would be tons of nuggets laying around on the surface.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only reason the biggest nugget is still out there is....

.................I haven't found it yet..
americanasmiley.gif

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
The largest gold deposits on the planet are along rifts in the ocean bed. Remember the mid atlantic rift makes the Himalayas look like zits! Theres no way to get it though, well until gold reaches 20,000 an ounce. By then we will be ancient history and 3 stage dredges will be artifacts!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Economic viability is the problem-what good is a 1,000 ozs when it takes ya millions to retrieve. Plenty of folks working on the problem for sure. BUT then now all them insane UN/EU/blah blah blah treaties condem mining the ocean already soooooooo. John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want them to find some huge deposit of gold!!! If they were to find a deposit that equaled the gold already mined over the years, can you imagine what that would do the the prices? They'd be going south like a duck in winter! How is 63BkPkr going to pay off those student loans if THAT happens?

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually found the world's biggest nugget in 1957. I left it where it was and went to get my big truck. When I started back to get it, I couldn't remember where it was! It is somewhere in the U.S. because at that time, I had only been to Korea and Japan and did not hunt gold in either one of these countries!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread