Allegheny County Gold

Goldmantle

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2013
Versailles Pa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello,
I am new to the gold prospecting thing, but it has always been a interest of mine, since I was a small kid playing in our local stream pretending to find gold.
I'm done pretending and ready to start looking for real, probably panning to start just to get my feet wet. Is there gold to be found in my local creeks and streams or do you believe it would be a waste of my time to explore these creeks and streams?
Thanks for your time, And Gold luck to everyone!
Keith

Upvote 0

davidb

Jan 7, 2013
I have looked at some maps you may find some there but you have a better chance up around Lawrence county closer to the glacier drift area

OP
OP
Goldmantle

Goldmantle

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2013
Versailles Pa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I may have to check that out,I was born in Lawrence county, I grew up in Portersville, right near Mcconnells mills, and Moraine state park.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold was found many, many years ago in the mountains on the North end of the Gilman Community not too far off of (West of) Highway 219 in West Virginia, so you may have a chance of finding Gold in Allegheny County! Highway 219 runs from Elkins to Parsons.

Frank

AUMIKE

Greenie
May 27, 2012
Mother Lode
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Keith, I live in Wexford. If you go up to Greenville and take Rt 358 west there is a GPAA club. Take Barry Rd south it's about 1 mile before the Ohio border. You will see the GPAA sign and camp on your right. This is where the Glaser drift ended. Small stream and you might run into a couple of guys to give you some tips. Dig Deep and you will notice that all the gravels are different from other streams in Pa.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions