Jungle Gold. season 2 begins Sunday, Aug. 11.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discovery Channel

The series, centering on gold miners George Wright and Scott Lomu, will have its season-two premiere at 10 p.m. ET on Sunday, Aug. 11.
The pair return to face Ghana's notorious rainy season, armed militia, road blocks and treacherous jungle as they attempt to mine enough gold to pay off their debts and provide a future for their families and for the widow and family of Wally Macias, their former mining partner who died before realizing their dreams of striking it rich.

Sneak Peek

Discovery Sets 'Jungle Gold' Season Premiere (Exclusive)

Upvote 0

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't say I'm happy about this.. They are just giving Americans a bad name.

Show is fake anyway.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last season they spent more time trying to Buy gold under the table
at "Steal" Prices to flip :laughing7:

& I do agree they added allot of B.S.

But I will watch. Not allot on TV anymore worth even turning it on.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
It was just done wrong. This season looks cool! 100 africans digging! Thats how to do it! You can move say 100 yds a day for $100. Theres profit there. And getting good with locals makes you superstar status. Definitely i more interesting season.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They all a gonna die and the world will be a better place. I'd never waste another second of my life watching such insipid insane stupidity. Bankrupted 3 family members,caused the ruin and suicide of their "best" friend, and themselves and going again???. In a african pot of stew or a chinese eggroll they are dead men walkn' HERE COME THE TNET CENSORS AGAIN HAHAHAHA-John

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They all a gonna die and the world will be a better place. I'd never waste another second of my life watching such insipid insane stupidity. Bankrupted 3 family members,caused the ruin and suicide of their "best" friend, and themselves and going again???. In a african pot of stew or a chinese eggroll they are dead men walkn' HERE COME THE TNET CENSORS AGAIN HAHAHAHA-John

John I think you got this one exactly right! Those guys are shysters and scam artists, not miners. I watched most of the last season but skipped the last couple shows...only time I've skipped watching a show with gold involved!

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
That's right! Cheap slave labor pays off! Look at the Spanish Conquistadors, they found El Dorado at the point of a sword, and cleaned up!

But its much better to hire the local natives, so they dont hate you and have you for cannibal stew!
Look what happened to Toad Hoffmans crew when the natives blocked them and almost rioted to keep them out in S.America!

That, and paying mortidos to the local officiales will keep you working!

"License, senor? We don need no steeenkin license!"

greenerlumber

Mar 4, 2013
Mexico, MO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great...... Another "Reality" show with back alley used car salesmen acting as gold miners. All of these type shows have done nothing but replace the soap opera. The sad thing about them is how many people we all know that take what goes on in these travesties seriously. Guess that kinda shows what society has sunk itself to.
RP

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just sayin, IMHO, I watch the show for my entertainment...just like Gold Rush. I get upset when dumb leads dumber, and yeah, I tell em what to do, but hey, I don't pick on movies. I just go along for the ride.

PS and no, I don't like how it makes us look bad..like idiots and the strip miners they all think we are after watching.

Last edited:

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I watch but I don't know why.
It's a terrible show with perfect examples of how Abercrombie, subdivision, desk jockeys "gold mine".

Real or not its showing that gold mining/prospecting is a get rich quick scheme when in fact it's the exact opposite.
It's the hardest work I've ever loved doing.

These guys should go back to their pretty young wives before they wise up and find some real men.
I've never wanted anyone to fail more than these two posers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch but I don't know why.
It's a terrible show with perfect examples of how Abercrombie, subdivision, desk jockeys "gold mine".
Real or not its showing that gold mining/prospecting is a get rich quick scheme when in fact it's the exact opposite. It's the hardest work I've ever loved doing.
These guys should go back to their pretty young wives before they wise up and find some real men.

I've never wanted anyone to fail more than these two posers.

Yes I feel the same.
for some reason I like to hope they go home broker then they claim to be already.
(is Broker a Word when used that way? :tongue3: )

I still think they are independently wealthy & doing this simply to say they did.
& their crying poverty is just typical of the wealthy not wanting to spend their own ill gotten money.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i saw where Tod of gold rush is headed to Ghana to try to find their "Glory Hole". maybe these people can get together and really make somemore bad moves together!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i saw where Tod of gold rush is headed to Ghana to try to find their "Glory Hole". maybe these people can get together and really make somemore bad moves together!

Two different countries, Todd is going to Guyana in South America not Ghana in West Africa.
The Hoffman's could however meet up with the Bamazon crew who are supposedly "mining" in Guyana. :tongue3:

Not sure who would be the most negative, Dave Turin the rock quarry man or Darryl Haynes the so called foreman on Bamazon. :laughing7:

GG~

Last edited:

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite is Bering Sea Gold. You see those guys diving under the ice/water and the real hardships involved. I like zekes Yurt. I would love to get one of those and try living in it for a year or two.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I hadn't watched the show before tonight. The only thing I have to say about it is the these two guys make Todd Hoffman look like a rocket scientist! Blind leading the visually impaired also come to mind. Scammers, con-men, wannabes and dipsticks would be compliments for these two. I won't bother watching any more of their drivel. AT least Gold Rush has some nice scenic shots in it from time to time.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hadn't watched the show before tonight. The only thing I have to say about it is the these two guys make Todd Hoffman look like a rocket scientist! Blind leading the visually impaired also come to mind. Scammers, con-men, wannabes and dipsticks would be compliments for these two. I won't bother watching any more of their drivel. AT least Gold Rush has some nice scenic shots in it from time to time.

Seriously :laughing7: practically the whole show centered around them Scamming & Lying.

I really wanted the Excavator to tip over, while they were loading it.

8307c4

Dec 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this season ending just like the last one but I will watch this show just because I like to remind myself why I have to go to work for peanut wages while being someone's slave every day for the rest of my life, that is why I'm going to watch these clowns waste other people's money this year, you have to admit from the right perspective the humor is grand.

On that note, I have to go to work.
Be a slave.
But at least now I know why.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions