goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well It looks like Todd and the crew are once again biting off more than they can chew. PLEASE don't tell me that this is going to be yet another season of how NOT to run a gold operation!!!!

I have to admit that the tour of the hard rock mine was cool but poor Todd looked like he was about ready to keel over. When is he going to learn that if he wants to keep going after gold that he needs to get into some kind of shape. Plus you don't just take a little romp up to 16,000 ft elevation and expect to be able to run a marathon. It just don't happen!

That the miners at that one open pit mine were willing to allow them to work there in exchange for some tips from Freddie was nice of them. That Todd decided against going for it because of the road to get there was DUMB!!!! A simple answer to the traffic problem would be to haul everything in and stay put for as long as possible. Heading down to the jungle and the problems with the locals there seems a worse situation in my mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched it, nice scenery. Would have spent more time and not just one spot. Would have made me a nice tent, paired everyone off, and set the bar high for each team to perform. Pit the teams against each other, send someone home, bring in a pair of females..........well you guys are entertained easily enough I guess. The producer should be fired. Thank goodness for Jeopardy.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
While Fred is the only real miner and the only person that i see as knowing whats going on, did anyone catch to gap under the expanded and the moss,and i was always taught to never add dry cons to a wet system or youll blow/float out your fine gold. probly why they only had dismal results on the beach!atleast Fred is trying to make it work and everyone else is watching!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after this weeks show, I have no doubt what this show is about.

It is Not about them moving their operation out of Alaska.

It is Simply a tour of other Gold mining operations & opportunities around the world.
to keep people tuned in to Discovery, Until next season is edited & ready to air.
don't be surprised if 3 weeks or so before the 2014 season they start another
"limited 4 week" show somewhere else.

of course the grass is always greener till they get there,
but Nobody is going to give them a Billion Dollar piece of Land.
If someone has a $60.00 a Square site, They will work it themselves

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While Fred is the only real miner and the only person that i see as knowing whats going on, did anyone catch to gap under the expanded and the moss,and i was always taught to never add dry cons to a wet system or youll blow/float out your fine gold. probly why they only had dismal results on the beach!atleast Fred is trying to make it work and everyone else is watching!

Saw the gap but noticed the hold downs for the expanded had already been removed so that explained the gap. I'm sure they lost a lot of gold due to the inefficient grizzly. Wonder if they even checked the tailings?

I'm liking the adventure more than the weekly snafu's of the previous seasons.
Next they are headed for Guyana, that ought to be interesting.

Maybe that's where Todd gets the "twich" :tongue3:

GG~

Last edited:

ray in ny

Jan 21, 2006
southern tier ny
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S CLASSIC III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they went to the beach that supposedly had six Billion dollars of gold, the first thing I noticed was THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE THERE--it was completely deserted except for the Hoffman crew. You think if that was genuine that no one else would be working claims there? It should have been like Nome, right?

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well when it comes to the beach, I'd have been testing as close to the hills as possible. I mean the larger gold should settle out there. With the size of that beach, I kind of doubt that even in a major storm that the surf would be pounding on the slopes.

I also have to admit that Weblatch has a good point. With all the advertising the Hoffmans are in for Garret detectors, why is it we have never seen them in use on the shows? If they're not shown on the show, wouldn't that make Garretts claim of "as seen on Gold Rush" false advertising? Granted I may have missed any episode they were shown on so I could be wrong.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well when it comes to the beach, I'd have been testing as close to the hills as possible. I mean the larger gold should settle out there. With the size of that beach, I kind of doubt that even in a major storm that the surf would be pounding on the slopes.

I also have to admit that Weblatch has a good point. With all the advertising the Hoffmans are in for Garret detectors, why is it we have never seen them in use on the shows? If they're not shown on the show, wouldn't that make Garretts claim of "as seen on Gold Rush" false advertising? Granted I may have missed any episode they were shown on so I could be wrong.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the hoffmans and try to watch every episode. When they were in alaska and got screwed over by the dakota boys, i could see they were really nice people. Dakota fred thought he had found the mother lode under an ancient waterfall. Dakota fred then went to the landowner and cut a sneaky deal leaving todd and his crew out of it.

This new show Ice Cold Gold started out looking for gold, then they ended up hunting for rubies.

The worst gold show are those two guys in ghana africa. They are the most inept duo i have ever seen. They never find any gold and are always hustling and scammimg for ways to get money....i rarely see them actually working in the dirt.

My favorite is Bering Sea Gold with zack and g/f emily.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Show is so fake.. Seems to be going downhill fast.

They said they ran 200 yards but the tailings pile was just a few scoops big. They really just ran a few scoops to get the shot and left.

That one guy is the only person who does anything.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the hoffmans and try to watch every episode. When they were in alaska and got screwed over by the dakota boys, i could see they were really nice people. Dakota fred thought he had found the mother lode under an ancient waterfall. Dakota fred then went to the landowner and cut a sneaky deal leaving todd and his crew out of it.

This new show Ice Cold Gold started out looking for gold, then they ended up hunting for rubies.

The worst gold show are those two guys in ghana africa. They are the most inept duo i have ever seen. They never find any gold and are always hustling and scammimg for ways to get money....i rarely see them actually working in the dirt.

My favorite is Bering Sea Gold with zack and g/f emily.

lol those two guys in ghana africa are back for another season tonight.
on Discovery . Jungle Gold :Reclaimed at 9 & Jungle Gold at 10 eastern

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL The commercial for that Jungle Gold show I had heard it in the back ground a couple of time before I really watched it. When he says "That's the biggest nugget I've ever seen" and they show that little fingernail sized nugget I couldn't help but laugh a bit. It's easy to tell that he hasn't been in the game long at all if that's the biggest he's seen.

sactosluicer

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever Im prospecting with one of my buddies and they say or do something ridiculously stupid(which happens quite frequently), I call him Todd for the rest of the day....

All my mining buddies understand the grievous insult...

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL The commercial for that Jungle Gold show I had heard it in the back ground a couple of time before I really watched it. When he says "That's the biggest nugget I've ever seen" and they show that little fingernail sized nugget I couldn't help but laugh a bit. It's easy to tell that he hasn't been in the game long at all if that's the biggest he's seen.

Reminds me of last seasons Gold Rush promo. Todd holding a tiny picker like its the Hope Diamond. :D

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Without Fredy Dodge the show would be cancelled. He is the entire brains behind the production and knows his stuff. HE should be the star but hey ideas are worth more than any amount of gold. I still watch the show religiously and will continue to.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah.... Freddie is the brains of the outfit for sure.

It reminds me about an old joke about the parts of the body trying to decide just who should be the boss. The brain said it should be the boss because it ran everything (Freddie). The stomach said it should be the boss because it provided the fuel. (Dave) The feet said they should be the boss because without them they couldn't move at all. (Dad) Then the a$$ spoke up saying it should be the boss.(Todd) The others all laughed at that thought until Todd closed down and everything went downhill rather quickly. So the moral of this story is that you don't need to be a brain, provide fuel or motivation to be a boss. Just a Todd.

*paraphrased to maintain the PG rating

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, but I run the numbers every time I am able to correlate the data and fred dodge even seems sketchy throwing out data, maybe TV or the eyeball estimate
is lousy. I like to run numbers on my calculator to see if it makes sense.

johnnysau

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone ever read that news story about 10 years ago, in ireland near some remote place they were finding gold nuggets right out in the open on the ground. After that i never heard another word about it.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that there is gold in Ireland and England but as to how much I couldn't say. I'm pretty sure it is nowhere near the amount in the western US, S. Africa, Peru and Australia. The geological history is nowhere near the same as these areas.

As to the gold laying on top of the ground goes.... Most likely someone stubbed their toe on some poor Leprechauns' Pot O Gold and they've recovered it. Everyone know ya DON'T want to tick off the "Wee Folk"!!!!!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let's face it, everyone of us watches Todd and his crew, and if given the chance, we would join his outfit in a minute. Guns, gold, and the outdoors. Sounds like a bad a^& vacation to me.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy they got the claim in Guyana!

So tired of listening to Dave's bellyaching about everything. Starting to warm up to Todd more and more if nothing else than due to his adventurous spirit and his can do attitude.

Thought they all were pussies when they left the $60-$100 a yard claim in Peru.......
But the Guyana claim will be a good enough challenge for them. Wonder if it gets flooded in the monsoon season? Seemed the ground water was only 6" to a foot from the surface.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions