goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well It looks like Todd and the crew are once again biting off more than they can chew. PLEASE don't tell me that this is going to be yet another season of how NOT to run a gold operation!!!!

I have to admit that the tour of the hard rock mine was cool but poor Todd looked like he was about ready to keel over. When is he going to learn that if he wants to keep going after gold that he needs to get into some kind of shape. Plus you don't just take a little romp up to 16,000 ft elevation and expect to be able to run a marathon. It just don't happen!

That the miners at that one open pit mine were willing to allow them to work there in exchange for some tips from Freddie was nice of them. That Todd decided against going for it because of the road to get there was DUMB!!!! A simple answer to the traffic problem would be to haul everything in and stay put for as long as possible. Heading down to the jungle and the problems with the locals there seems a worse situation in my mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bmdubpk

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not seen it mentioned anywhere and this is really bugging me. At the beach site in Chile, wouldn't the salination of the water and resulting increased buoyancy prevent the fine gold from properly settling in the sluice box, only to be washed out with the tailings?

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not seen it mentioned anywhere and this is really bugging me. At the beach site in Chile, wouldn't the salination of the water and resulting increased buoyancy prevent the fine gold from properly settling in the sluice box, only to be washed out with the tailings?
Bering-Sea-Gold-2012-257x300.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy they got the claim in Guyana!

So tired of listening to Dave's bellyaching about everything. Starting to warm up to Todd more and more if nothing else than due to his adventurous spirit and his can do attitude.

Thought they all were pussies when they left the $60-$100 a yard claim in Peru.......
But the Guyana claim will be a good enough challenge for them. Wonder if it gets flooded in the monsoon season? Seemed the ground water was only 6" to a foot from the surface.

GG~

I must say I was shocked they actually are going to prospect there.
I thought the whole trip was just , the Brady bunch goes to Hawaii deal.
Little Bit-O-tour , a little Bit-O-dramatic intrigue, taste the local Cuisine,
and back to the Klondike & realty.

my one laugh, Todd's willing to throw a Million in ?
How long before he's crying poverty again ?
I wonder if he lives at a soup kitchen yet :tongue3:

Last edited:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the beach is rerunning right now. They bought expanded metal for the sluice, but drilled holes for the classifier. :headscratching:

Have the top ply sloping down, 1/2 down have some expanded metal sloping up. Fines continue down the board. Simple. Why did they drill the holes at the top where the material drops from the bucket? Guess I don't have years of mining experience to understand these things.

Coulda done something with rebar for a classifier as well.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For that site there, I can imagine they'll be bringing in at least 2 of the
big track hoes, a couple of dump trucks, at least one D9 sized cat,
a complete washplant system (and generators), living quarters, food...ad nauseum.

No doubt that Todd is working with other investors cash as well as his own,
unless they ratholed a lot of gold they didn't disclose from last years take.

Oddly, of all the sites they spent the time to get to, it was just this last one
that they actually spent the time to sample the property. Otherwise, it's
simply been one "Hail Mary" hole, and done, and IMHO that's no way to decide if
a few thousand acres holds gold or not.

Still, it's the entertainment value I appreciate, and if there was ever to be a
"Keystone Prospectors" show, there's little doubt of who the stars could be. :laughing7:

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still a fan of that fricken todd hoffman and his father. I hope they make it fricken big down there in fricken south america.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions