Questions about this quartz vien

behappyjason

Apr 4, 2013
Kershaw, sc
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok most the mineralization is running vertical in northeast to southwest pattern with some cutting it in a northwest southeast pattern but still mostly vertical I'm trying to figure out if it just goes deeper in the direction of the mineralization or if it is running in a northeast southwest direction also would like to here any suggestions on the mineralization and what caused it. Looks to me like there's sulfur, iron and other stuff.

Thanks and find the gold.

Attachments

• image-956097045.jpg
    image-956097045.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 116
  • image-1317977854.jpg
    image-1317977854.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Veins follow cracks in the bedrock so it's impossible to tell where it's going to run. Before worrying about what minerals caused the staining, just bust some out and pound it into dust. Then pan it out to see if it has gold in it. Not all quartz carries gold, not all iron deposits co-exist with gold, but they are a good starting point.

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
What makes you think the yellowish stuff is sulphur?Looks like iron oxide.The vein may change at depth/or may not.Have you sampled the vein at different points along the strike?

OP
OP
behappyjason

behappyjason

Apr 4, 2013
Kershaw, sc
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it has a very small amount of gold in it with pyrite. The pyrite is in pockets along the mineralization. Was just hoping to figure out the direction so I don't dig up the whole front yard lol. Thanks

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In general, from my research NC and SC gold areas seem to run NE / SW over a broad area, your yard, your guess is as good as MINE.

johnnysau

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it has a very small amount of gold in it with pyrite. The pyrite is in pockets along the mineralization. Was just hoping to figure out the direction so I don't dig up the whole front yard lol. Thanks

Small amount in the sample means ...... GRIND ALL OF IT UP AND GET YOUR GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Quartz is ugly in the yard compared to gold in the pocket..... HA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread