Chunky Auburn Nugget!

sactosluicer

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chunky Auburn Nugget(S)!

Edited to add the "S" in the title(see more pics post #13 below)

Found my first piece of gold today that I can be proud to call a nugget!
Obviously, means the biggest piece Ive ever found....

It came from my friends' backyard creek...
It tipped the scales at a whopping 2.3grams!!

That is 100% for sure mercury on it, we found alot of gold today that was half colored with bright shiny mercury and it clumps the gold all together, however this is one piece that has a light covering on half of it.

Going back tomoro to follow the ledge across the creek, using shovels and my home-made "RPG" gold trap.(you get that play on the "bazooka"... RocketPropelledGrenade)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats.gif
sactosluicer! Thanks for sharing...

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2:GREAT NUGGET TOOTH. I still have from the late 80's/ early 90s some nice gold from the Auburn area,Rucky Chuckies,way dangerous BUT got some nice poundage.Never forget the summer of 88 as each day I drove home over the bridge into the town the sign at the bank read over 110 for 30+ days in a row,one tough summer-but profitable-John

Attachments

• 05-31-2011 08;41;40AM.JPG
    05-31-2011 08;41;40AM.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 185

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That nice piece layed in the creek for 100,000 thousand years before the Gold Rush, then elbow to elbow sourdoughs managed to miss it. Then another
hundred fifty years waiting for you to come along. Gotta be fate! Congrats.

OP
OP
S

sactosluicer

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That nice piece layed in the creek for 100,000 thousand years before the Gold Rush, then elbow to elbow sourdoughs managed to miss it. Then another
hundred fifty years waiting for you to come along. Gotta be fate! Congrats.

I wish i could like some of those comments twice!

Yes, it is the Tooth Nugget, it is just a bit smaller than an actual tooth, and thats what I woulda copared it to if somebody asked "how big is it"...

Now Im off to go tempt fate again!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice fatty nug!

OP
OP
S

sactosluicer

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, the best day ive ever had prospecting FOR SURE!!

My instincts were dead-on...
Followed the ledge out into the middle of the creek, spent a couple hours heaving boulders, and picking rocks, then shoveling into my home-made RPG Nugget Collecting Device!

Heres the pickers I got today, and I have about 7 clean-outs-worth of cons to screen and blue-bowl to get all the flakes and fines, which will probably be all covered in mercury by the time I get to it this week...

0.7g

1.6g

1.7g, conglomerate of mercury-covered flakes stuck together so its not one solid piece, and flakes did "break" off as I handled it with tweezers

0.2g starting to get mercury on it

1.9, starting to get mercury on it

0.5, starting to get mercury on it

Disclaimer: the digital scale I use is about 15yrs old and caked with red hairs and trichomes, but it weighs a nickel at 5g every time... however today, a teeter got the higher tenth gram ;)

So thats a total of 8.9 grams just in pickers from off that ledge, and there is still about half of it left to the other side of the creek!

Monetary value of the gold aside, this weekend has made my efforts from the last few years worth it, I always told myself that if I looked hard enough, Id find me a paystreak :)

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol, the best day ive ever had prospecting FOR SURE!!

My instincts were dead-on...
Followed the ledge out into the middle of the creek, spent a couple hours heaving boulders, and picking rocks, then shoveling into my home-made RPG Nugget Collecting Device!

Heres the pickers I got today, and I have about 7 clean-outs-worth of cons to screen and blue-bowl to get all the flakes and fines, which will probably be all covered in mercury by the time I get to it this week...

0.7g
http://s966.photobucket.com/user/Auritaman/media/mercury3_zps4141bea4.png.html

1.6g
http://s966.photobucket.com/user/Auritaman/media/dirtypicker_zps9fe415ec.png.html

1.7g, conglomerate of mercury-covered flakes stuck together so its not one solid piece, and flakes did "break" off as I handled it with tweezers
http://s966.photobucket.com/user/Auritaman/media/mercury_zps2faeb7ab.png.html

0.2g starting to get mercury on it
http://s966.photobucket.com/user/Auritaman/media/dirtypicker2_zps49fe9b73.png.html

1.9, starting to get mercury on it
http://s966.photobucket.com/user/Auritaman/media/mercury2_zps50ccd555.png.html

0.5, starting to get mercury on it
http://s966.photobucket.com/user/Auritaman/media/mercury4_zps3bb50156.png.html

Disclaimer: the digital scale I use is about 15yrs old and caked with red hairs and trichomes, but it weighs a nickel at 5g every time... however today, a teeter got the higher tenth gram ;)

So thats a total of 8.9 grams just in pickers from off that ledge, and there is still about half of it left to the other side of the creek!

Monetary value of the gold aside, this weekend has made my efforts from the last few years worth it, I always told myself that if I looked hard enough, Id find me a paystreak :)

Amazing!

Better clean that scale before weighing more greens. ;)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sactosluicer grand slam! Wow wow!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The gold rush lives on!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One caution - gold tends to make people a little screwy, I assume you have a rock solid relationship with your friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions