Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, if you can find it look at the insides of the old tire pumps, overcut leather and grease,

johnnysau

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would advise against petroleum lubricants, only because I have heard never to mix it with gold. Leather is a popular sealer.

Pool places have these. Fully adjustable so no lube required:

freezeplug.jpg

I found these on line at Swimming pool Expansion Plugs and Freeze Plugs to Winterize your Pool

Automotive soft plugs have the same thing, except you need a wrench to adjust.

Home Depot has similar items in the plastic pipe section, sewer dept.
Hope this helps.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
WE used to make a "Slurp Gun" for getting ghost shrimp out of their burrows when fishing. For the plunger we'd use a tennis ball between two fender washers. The rods were made out of 1/4-20 all thread and you could adjust the drag of the ball by tightening or loosening the nut that held it in place.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WE used to make a "Slurp Gun" for getting ghost shrimp out of their burrows when fishing. For the plunger we'd use a tennis ball between two fender washers. The rods were made out of 1/4-20 all thread and you could adjust the drag of the ball by tightening or loosening the nut that held it in place.

Hmmmm. I like the way you think. If you had to buy everything, maybe $5.00?:icon_scratch: What was the handle and how was it attached? I just may build one...little hose attached...stick attached to the hose on the end...i just need 3 arms....plastic pipe instead of hose.....:icon_scratch:hmmm

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have made thousands(not an exaggeration) of various hand suction devices. For the 1 1/2", 2" and 3" I use rubber plumber test plugs, the kind that have ridges. Work great. I replace the bolt and wing nut that comes with the plug with a stainless steel bolt and wing nut.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread