Gold Rush - new season

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone catch it? It seems to me Parker is making a whole bunch of bad decisions, starting with wasting 25 ounces of gold on Todd's old Little Blue wash plant. Dakota Fred is out of his mind trying to get that high up. How's he supposed to get gear in there?

Then of course there is Todd and his unique brand of fail, but so far he isn't looking half as inept as the other two.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Hey, it makes good TV and I am enjoying every minute of it!
killingme.gif

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they make more money on the TV program then in the field digging. They know they have to make their own Drama to keep ratings up.
Yep I have to watch it and record when not at home.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
I think its a good season. Anto Beets is a crazy cool dude i bet that little blue wash plant just needs love. And a good sluice. You are correct though. The gold is just for show. When you are on a prime time station with tens of millions of viewers you do not need to make money with the gold.

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its a good season. Anto Beets is a crazy cool dude i bet that little blue wash plant just needs love. And a good sluice. You are correct though. The gold is just for show. When you are on a prime time station with tens of millions of viewers you do not need to make money with the gold.

You've got to be kidding. Tens of millions of viewers? This show is lucky to get 1.5 million and that does not translate into big money at all. In fact, it's thought that the BSG/GR people are being seriously lowballed because the casts of prior Original Productions shows made a good amount of money off the shows. These performers aren't making much.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Parker is trying to get his operation up and running and is between a rock and a hard place in a lot of ways. Starting off with grand theft excavator wasn't the smartest thing to do. Todd could fry him if he wants to be a jerk about it. I've liked Parker since the first season. He's done a mans job running his Grandpas mine for the last couple of years and has always seemed like a good kid. His actions, though borne out of desperation, could be his downfall. Even worse is the fact that his little excavator "joy ride" was filmed.

Todd rooked Parker on the wash plant for sure. No way was that thing worth 25 ounces!!!! Parker needs to learn the fine art of wheeling and dealing but that comes with time and experience I guess. I also seem to remember that bulldozer had some major problems last season. It would have made Parkers' life much easier if his dad had allowed him to borrow some of the equipment from the Big Nugget. They are not going to be mining there this season anyway as there's nothing left to mine.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well Parker is trying to get his operation up and running and is between a rock and a hard place in a lot of ways. Starting off with grand theft excavator wasn't the smartest thing to do. Todd could fry him if he wants to be a jerk about it. I've liked Parker since the first season. He's done a mans job running his Grandpas mine for the last couple of years and has always seemed like a good kid. His actions, though borne out of desperation, could be his downfall. Even worse is the fact that his little excavator "joy ride" was filmed.

Todd rooked Parker on the wash plant for sure. No way was that thing worth 25 ounces!!!! Parker needs to learn the fine art of wheeling and dealing but that comes with time and experience I guess. I also seem to remember that bulldozer had some major problems last season. It would have made Parkers' life much easier if his dad had allowed him to borrow some of the equipment from the Big Nugget. They are not going to be mining there this season anyway as there's nothing left to mine.

Remember they are all paid actors/prospectors. Discovery is making millions off of the advertisers and the drama is all part of the plan. I am sure everything done on the show is scripted. I stopped wasting my Friday watching the show when it airs. I watch it on my terms, DVR. The sixty minute show you get 15 minute of commercials, 15 minutes of past shows (filler reruns), 15 minutes of breakdowns, and if were lucky we see in the last 15 minutes some gold processing, digging, etc.

I think everyone wants to see Parker get his gold. If Parker is for real there are not many 18 year olds walking around that has the experience that this young man has when it comes to repair, fixing, operating, etc. Only three others of this show have any class, Dave Turin, Tony Beets, and Freddy Dodge. Tony was approached to take a more active role in the show and turn Discovery down. Do you blame him? Jim Thruber, Chris Doumit, and Greg Remsburg most likely are good guys when working under Dave. Todd and Jack should go on vacation with the two idiots of Jungle Gold.

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Remember they are all paid actors/prospectors. Discovery is making millions off of the advertisers and the drama is all part of the plan. I am sure everything done on the show is scripted. I stopped wasting my Friday watching the show when it airs. I watch it on my terms, DVR. The sixty minute show you get 15 minute of commercials, 15 minutes of past shows (filler reruns), 15 minutes of breakdowns, and if were lucky we see in the last 15 minutes some gold processing, digging, etc.

I think everyone wants to see Parker get his gold. If Parker is for real there are not many 18 year olds walking around that has the experience that this young man has when it comes to repair, fixing, operating, etc. Only three others of this show have any class, Dave Turin, Tony Beets, and Freddy Dodge. Tony was approached to take a more active role in the show and turn Discovery down. Do you blame him? Jim Thruber, Chris Doumit, and Greg Remsburg most likely good guys when they were working under Dave. Todd and Jack should go on vacation with the two idiots of Jungle Gold.

Points well taken AZViper. Still...like a train wreck...I can't help but look forward to it:happy1:

2020hindsite

May 28, 2013
Free
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what's going on with gold rush?
It was on 2 weeks ago with a behind the scenes episode. The next week was the season finale of jungle gold.
Now gold rush isn't on at all this week.
Anyone know what's up? Real or not its one of the very few shows I actually look forward to.
Thanks

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone know what's going on with gold rush?
It was on 2 weeks ago with a behind the scenes episode. The next week was the season finale of jungle gold.
Now gold rush isn't on at all this week.
Anyone know what's up? Real or not its one of the very few shows I actually look forward to.
Thanks

Gold Rush comes back in late October.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold Rush comes back in late October.

I figured the tree huggers leaned on Discovery and its advertisers and got the show canned. I still will not watch the show when it airs but will from the DVR. I just can't waste a Friday night watching Todd and his Dad carry on like kids with no real direction on what they are doing. Luckily they have a few good guys on their team that does have a clue.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they lost me.

Any show that runs an Episode or 2 Then Breaks for month or 2 Gets canned from my Viewing
By the time they come back they will probably do a whole show on reminding everyone what happened on the
behind the scenes show :(

Total waste of my Time.

at least Ghost Mine is on

and Big Bang theory should be back with a new season by October

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yukon Gold~ It airs on the National Geographic Channel on Thursday nights. You can catch the reruns as only two shows have aired.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up trying to watch Free TV. I downloaded the codec and keep getting bombed with all these ads for me to install this crap software. Then it wants me to give my CC info to check my age. BS

Sorry,

There is a knack for by-passing all that crap, I've been doing it for so long now that I didn't think about those unfamiliar with the process.
(you have to know what to click and what not to click to avoid the crap and it's different on different providers)

GG~

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel that Discovery needs to Can Todd and his Dad, Give Freddy his own show and let Parker take over Gold Rush. Keep the Dakota boys around from time to time to fill things in.

IMHO Todd is just a great example of how not to run a gold operation. At least Parker learned from his grandpa and for the most part has a good head on his shoulders. Todd started off in the dark, has wandered around in the dark for several season and will remain in the dark until he learns to listen to those that are really in the know about gold and its recovery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread