Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Ordell
  • 2 Post By vpnavy
  • 3 Post By Hookedondetecting
  • 2 Post By GrizzlyGremlin
  • 1 Post By russau
  • 1 Post By DesertNuggets
  • 1 Post By AzViper
  • 1 Post By AzViper
  • 1 Post By Goodyguy
  • 1 Post By Goodyguy
  • 1 Post By goldenIrishman

Thread: Gold Rush - new season

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2013
    57 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Gold Rush - new season

Anyone catch it? It seems to me Parker is making a whole bunch of bad decisions, starting with wasting 25 ounces of gold on Todd's old Little Blue wash plant. Dakota Fred is out of his mind trying to get that high up. How's he supposed to get gear in there?

Then of course there is Todd and his unique brand of fail, but so far he isn't looking half as inept as the other two.
    GrayCloud likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    Garrett AT Pro (in PA) Whites Matrix M6 (in FL)
    2122 times
    Hey, it makes good TV and I am enjoying every minute of it!
    Goodyguy and Jimmydolittle like this.

..: What Pennsylvania County Do You Live In? :..

..: What Florida County Do You Live In? :..

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

us
    Jul 2013
    Michigan
    Tesoro COMPADRE Ace 350 Fisher F 75
    28 times
    I think they make more money on the TV program then in the field digging. They know they have to make their own Drama to keep ratings up.
    Yep I have to watch it and record when not at home.

Nov 2012
    125 times
    I think its a good season. Anto Beets is a crazy cool dude i bet that little blue wash plant just needs love. And a good sluice. You are correct though. The gold is just for show. When you are on a prime time station with tens of millions of viewers you do not need to make money with the gold.
    GrayCloud and DizzyDigger like this.

Feb 2013
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyGremlin View Post
    I think its a good season. Anto Beets is a crazy cool dude i bet that little blue wash plant just needs love. And a good sluice. You are correct though. The gold is just for show. When you are on a prime time station with tens of millions of viewers you do not need to make money with the gold.
    You've got to be kidding. Tens of millions of viewers? This show is lucky to get 1.5 million and that does not translate into big money at all. In fact, it's thought that the BSG/GR people are being seriously lowballed because the casts of prior Original Productions shows made a good amount of money off the shows. These performers aren't making much.

us
    This is work! It ain't no hobby!

Feb 2013
    Douglas, AZ
    Loaner MineLab X-Terra 705 Gold Pak
    792 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    Well Parker is trying to get his operation up and running and is between a rock and a hard place in a lot of ways. Starting off with grand theft excavator wasn't the smartest thing to do. Todd could fry him if he wants to be a jerk about it. I've liked Parker since the first season. He's done a mans job running his Grandpas mine for the last couple of years and has always seemed like a good kid. His actions, though borne out of desperation, could be his downfall. Even worse is the fact that his little excavator "joy ride" was filmed.

Todd rooked Parker on the wash plant for sure. No way was that thing worth 25 ounces!!!! Parker needs to learn the fine art of wheeling and dealing but that comes with time and experience I guess. I also seem to remember that bulldozer had some major problems last season. It would have made Parkers' life much easier if his dad had allowed him to borrow some of the equipment from the Big Nugget. They are not going to be mining there this season anyway as there's nothing left to mine.
    "Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope!!!" I'm going to complain no matter what kind of rope they use!!!!!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of that knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

Charter Member
    us
    Crevice Vac, Royal Gold Drywasher, Royal 18" Pick, Miller Table, Gold Bug Pro, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Blue Bowl-Fossickers Fine Gold Recovery System, 12" Custom Gas Powered Trommel, Google Earth, and so much more that my wife does not know about, LOL.

Sep 2012
    Southern Arizona
    Gold Bug Pro With 5" and Elliptical 5" x 10" Coils
    845 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenIrishman View Post
    Well Parker is trying to get his operation up and running and is between a rock and a hard place in a lot of ways. Starting off with grand theft excavator wasn't the smartest thing to do. Todd could fry him if he wants to be a jerk about it. I've liked Parker since the first season. He's done a mans job running his Grandpas mine for the last couple of years and has always seemed like a good kid. His actions, though borne out of desperation, could be his downfall. Even worse is the fact that his little excavator "joy ride" was filmed.

Todd rooked Parker on the wash plant for sure. No way was that thing worth 25 ounces!!!! Parker needs to learn the fine art of wheeling and dealing but that comes with time and experience I guess. I also seem to remember that bulldozer had some major problems last season. It would have made Parkers' life much easier if his dad had allowed him to borrow some of the equipment from the Big Nugget. They are not going to be mining there this season anyway as there's nothing left to mine.
    Remember they are all paid actors/prospectors. Discovery is making millions off of the advertisers and the drama is all part of the plan. I am sure everything done on the show is scripted. I stopped wasting my Friday watching the show when it airs. I watch it on my terms, DVR. The sixty minute show you get 15 minute of commercials, 15 minutes of past shows (filler reruns), 15 minutes of breakdowns, and if were lucky we see in the last 15 minutes some gold processing, digging, etc.

I think everyone wants to see Parker get his gold. If Parker is for real there are not many 18 year olds walking around that has the experience that this young man has when it comes to repair, fixing, operating, etc. Only three others of this show have any class, Dave Turin, Tony Beets, and Freddy Dodge. Tony was approached to take a more active role in the show and turn Discovery down. Do you blame him? Jim Thruber, Chris Doumit, and Greg Remsburg most likely are good guys when working under Dave. Todd and Jack should go on vacation with the two idiots of Jungle Gold.
    Last edited by AzViper; Aug 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VIEW THE VIDEOS OR THREAD PAGES

Video Overview Blue Bowl Recovery System - Build Your Own Blue Bowl Recovery System - Build Your Own Crevice Vac / Blower - Build Your Own Trommel - Build You Own Miller Table

us
    Feb 2013
    Deep in the redwoods
    Teknetics Alpha 2000
    463 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    Remember they are all paid actors/prospectors. Discovery is making millions off of the advertisers and the drama is all part of the plan. I am sure everything done on the show is scripted. I stopped wasting my Friday watching the show when it airs. I watch it on my terms, DVR. The sixty minute show you get 15 minute of commercials, 15 minutes of past shows (filler reruns), 15 minutes of breakdowns, and if were lucky we see in the last 15 minutes some gold processing, digging, etc.

I think everyone wants to see Parker get his gold. If Parker is for real there are not many 18 year olds walking around that has the experience that this young man has when it comes to repair, fixing, operating, etc. Only three others of this show have any class, Dave Turin, Tony Beets, and Freddy Dodge. Tony was approached to take a more active role in the show and turn Discovery down. Do you blame him? Jim Thruber, Chris Doumit, and Greg Remsburg most likely good guys when they were working under Dave. Todd and Jack should go on vacation with the two idiots of Jungle Gold.
    Points well taken AZViper. Still...like a train wreck...I can't help but look forward to it
    I'm a gold prospector. California sees me as a pirate of the environment. pi·rate (prt) n.1a. One who robs at sea or plunders the land from the sea without commission from a sovereign nation.
    They are wrong. And it's not the first time. So be it

This is madness! This is politics!
    Pirates of the Caribbean-Davy Jones

us
    May 2013
    Ohio
    4 times
    Prospecting
    Anyone know what's going on with gold rush?
    It was on 2 weeks ago with a behind the scenes episode. The next week was the season finale of jungle gold.
    Now gold rush isn't on at all this week.
    Anyone know what's up? Real or not its one of the very few shows I actually look forward to.
    Thanks

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    485 times
    I think ole Fred Dodge ought to start his own show on this subject! hes the only one that knows whats up!
    GrayCloud likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Gold Bug 2
    133 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020hindsite View Post
    Anyone know what's going on with gold rush?
    It was on 2 weeks ago with a behind the scenes episode. The next week was the season finale of jungle gold.
    Now gold rush isn't on at all this week.
    Anyone know what's up? Real or not its one of the very few shows I actually look forward to.
    Thanks
    Gold Rush comes back in late October.
    DizzyDigger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Crevice Vac, Royal Gold Drywasher, Royal 18" Pick, Miller Table, Gold Bug Pro, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Blue Bowl-Fossickers Fine Gold Recovery System, 12" Custom Gas Powered Trommel, Google Earth, and so much more that my wife does not know about, LOL.

Sep 2012
    Southern Arizona
    845 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertNuggets View Post
    Gold Rush comes back in late October.
    I figured the tree huggers leaned on Discovery and its advertisers and got the show canned. I still will not watch the show when it airs but will from the DVR. I just can't waste a Friday night watching Todd and his Dad carry on like kids with no real direction on what they are doing. Luckily they have a few good guys on their team that does have a clue.
    Last edited by AzViper; Sep 14, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
    GrayCloud likes this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Video Overview Blue Bowl Recovery System - Build Your Own Blue Bowl Recovery System - Build Your Own Crevice Vac / Blower - Build Your Own Trommel - Build You Own Miller Table

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    4656 times
    they lost me.

Any show that runs an Episode or 2 Then Breaks for month or 2 Gets canned from my Viewing
    By the time they come back they will probably do a whole show on reminding everyone what happened on the
    behind the scenes show

Total waste of my Time.

at least Ghost Mine is on

and Big Bang theory should be back with a new season by October
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Sep 12, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

Charter Member
    us

Sep 2012
    Southern Arizona
    845 times
    Prospecting
    Yukon Gold~ It airs on the National Geographic Channel on Thursday nights. You can catch the reruns as only two shows have aired.
    jeff of pa likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, L-rods
    1417 times
    Yukon Gold~ It airs on the National Geographic Channel on Thursday nights. You can catch the reruns as only two shows have aired.

Yukon Gold:
    Season 1
    Episodes 1-11

Project Free TV :: Yukon Gold :: Season 1
    GrayCloud likes this.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

Charter Member
    us

Sep 2012
    Southern Arizona
    845 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy View Post
    Yukon Gold:
    Season 1
    Episodes 1-11

Project Free TV :: Yukon Gold :: Season 1
    I gave up trying to watch Free TV. I downloaded the codec and keep getting bombed with all these ads for me to install this crap software. Then it wants me to give my CC info to check my age. BS
    Last edited by AzViper; Sep 13, 2013 at 07:40 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, L-rods
    1417 times
    I gave up trying to watch Free TV. I downloaded the codec and keep getting bombed with all these ads for me to install this crap software. Then it wants me to give my CC info to check my age. BS

Sorry,

There is a knack for by-passing all that crap, I've been doing it for so long now that I didn't think about those unfamiliar with the process.
    (you have to know what to click and what not to click to avoid the crap and it's different on different providers)

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Sep 13, 2013 at 08:18 AM.
    GrayCloud likes this.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    This is work! It ain't no hobby!

Feb 2013
    Douglas, AZ
    Loaner MineLab X-Terra 705 Gold Pak
    792 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    I feel that Discovery needs to Can Todd and his Dad, Give Freddy his own show and let Parker take over Gold Rush. Keep the Dakota boys around from time to time to fill things in.

IMHO Todd is just a great example of how not to run a gold operation. At least Parker learned from his grandpa and for the most part has a good head on his shoulders. Todd started off in the dark, has wandered around in the dark for several season and will remain in the dark until he learns to listen to those that are really in the know about gold and its recovery.
    GrayCloud likes this.
    "Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope!!!" I'm going to complain no matter what kind of rope they use!!!!!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of that knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

Sponsors