Placer Geology

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read through the article, very worthwhile info for any newbie out there like me, my Panning set arrived from the US a couple of days ago and I will use the info from the article as in the path the gold takes, looking for traces of where the river might have run hundreds of years ago etc;

OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many Thanks Desert Nuggets (cool name!), now that the Panning Equipment is here I will start to take samples, will stop at the first place on the way back from work across the country probably on Friday, can't wait!!!

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Good article. It hits all the key points of prospecting. There are some other articles that deal more specifically with locating ancient riverbeds by examining topography, vegetation and rock types that are also good. One trick i've learned is to solicit good local information from RETIRED prospectors. My first stop in any new locale is the town "resthome". If you're in gold country, you'll find several old prospectors there who are willing to share their knowledge openly and freely without any reservation. Afterall, they're not in the game anymore. It's a great place to pick up tips and directions.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the excellent article. It's a good read to refresh my knowledge on placer side of the trade. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread