arm yourself, Trout eat mammals

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ever seen what a largemouth bass will do to a mouse swimming across a lake ?---or a pike on a line of baby ducklings swimming on a lake behind thier mom? -- I caught a huge catfish that had a habit of eating baby ducklings long ago.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But that can't be! Fish are so fragile that the slightest amount of silt from a dredger will kill them instantly. I bet the next lie you try to spread is that fish are really cannibals. :laughing7:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NUTTN' NEW TO ANYONE WHO HAS DREDGED FOR AWHILE AS FISH ARE FANTASTIC OPPORTUNISTS AND SEEN'M EAT MANY CRITTERS. THEY STRIKE SO FAST WHATEVER FITS...DISAPPEARS...AAAAAA SELECTIVE NATURE GENETIC ENGINEERING oops sorry caps-John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah... I'll arm myself with a bigger fishing pole!!!! Some fish will eat anything that don't eat them first! Look as some of the stuff they've found in sharks over the years! Tires, License Plates, etc etc etc.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some ignoranus brought pike to kalif and put them-breeding pair-into a pristine lake up in the hills east a here. Within a VERY short time every other fish and critters disappeared. The CDFG poisoned sections,then the whole lake and they SURVIVED. Ended up pumping the whole lake out bone dry to kill them :censored: voracious killers of any,all and everything. John

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
oh i know... i made the mistake of grabbing one by the lower lip and got bit, drew blood too. we have pike fish offs here. as many as you can catch any size with no return to the water.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a lie don't believe a word! Everyone knows trout only eat three things- yellow legged frogs , mercury, and lead. Don't be led a stray.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some ignoranus brought pike to kalif and put them-breeding pair-into a pristine lake up in the hills east a here. Within a VERY short time every other fish and critters disappeared. The CDFG poisoned sections,then the whole lake and they SURVIVED. Ended up pumping the whole lake out bone dry to kill them :censored: voracious killers of any,all and everything. John

Yes Hoser, that was Lake Davis near Portola, Ca. The Fish and Game killed all fishing related business there for about 4 years. Trial and error experiments cloaked in "scientific projects". What a fiasco that was!!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lake Davis is one of my favorite lakes and there's something I've never understood about that whole fiasco. What is the difference between a lake in California having both pike and trout and a lake in Alaska having both Pike and Trout? Isn't Alaska a haven for both trophy Pike and world class trophy Trout? What's the difference between our Pike and Alaskan Pike (other then most of our Pike are liberals)?I have never received a satisfactory answer.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EZ--different types of fish and different enviroments to help control any explosions in numbers. Just natures natural selection ruined by mans intervention and corruption of the natural way of life-John

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
trout that have naturally grown up with pike in the water with them know that pike are preditors and to avoid them at all cost * trout that have not grown up with pike about --do not "understand" their a threat --however the pike however do understand trout are food -- huge natural advantage for the pike .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread