Micron recovery

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been reading quite a bit about micron recovery and it seems that there is no really safe way to do it.
Mercury amalgam is dangerous, aqua regia although somewhat safer is still dangerous with hydro acid and fumes.
My question is as far as small scale (hobby) mining goes is the risk really worth it?
How much gold can you possibly extract from lets say a hundred pounds of material that's been gold cubed and miller tabled or blue bowled?
I can't imagine it's alot but that's why I am asking...
It seems unless you have a large operation it's an unnecessary risk.
I know nothing about micron gold recovery but its definitely interesting.
Is there any other methods worth reading about?

I have no plans to start but it does peak my interest.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooooooooo many spend $1,000s to get pennies it's amazing. Play with them microns during winter to keep that gold fix taken care of and concentrate on getting cons in the spring/summer/fall. Who/what is predicated on where as all mining and locations do not produce economically viable quantities of miniscule gold to retrieve through expensive time consuming processes. Save up a 5 gallon bucket of cons and then you'll have enough to get serious about. Economic viability is your answer-John

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are really serious about this, check out a DVD called: Mercury Free Gold Recovery. I see your a fellow Hoosier, if you PM me, I'll loan you my copy, save the $40.00 cost.

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DNR: Recreational Gold Prospecting. Here is a link to the Indiana DNR page. Look at the section "Things to remember when panning for gold:" This covers the rules for prospecting. There is also a downloadable booklet "Gold and Diamonds In Indiana" that is petty informative. This is from the rules: (4) No mercury or other chemicals are used to assist with the recovery of hard mineral resources.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread