Clear Creek Redding CA

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None needed as paved lookout is over the top of the old Seltzer dam. 1,000s of salmon starting to run so water will be fouled real quick with a million tons of rotting shredded salmon guts after spawning. Got a wetsuit torn over 2 ' long when hit by a huge ol'salmon hauling butt up that creek whilst dredging it. Every day had to move as them salmon love dredge piles to place their eggs in as loose aireated and pre classified for them,so always pull out when salmon show up as reds beds will get ya 1 LL of a fine and not cool anyhow. There is a huge post here this year-use search function-with all maps/rules/regs/both FS/BLM/Whiskeytown? Bureau of rec also-John

OP
OP
JrallXS

JrallXS

Greenie
Sep 19, 2013
Anderson, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info. found some flakes going up bout a quarter mile near some bed rock. and will watch out for them salmon.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope this helps

Attachments

• CLEAR CREEK GREENWAY (2).JPG
    CLEAR CREEK GREENWAY (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,074

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dredging is not illegal it is prohibited by regulation I believe not statute. Can you show me the statute of law that dredging is illegal.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking for some nice spots for sampling or even find some gold along or near Clear Creek near Redding.

I know that there used to be a dam there that got tore down in 2000

some gps coordinate might help.

Go out there and start hiking the trails you will find some spots. Clear Creek is great for panning & sluicing. I pretty much always can get some color. It's not great but it's ok. If your just starting out it is a great place to learn and since it's all withdrawn you don't have to worry about being on one of the many unmarked claims in the area. I go out there a lot in the winter. I even have a trailer rigged up to my mt bike to haul my stuff out since there are trails everywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions