STATE OF JEFFERSON...GROWING

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
[h=1]2nd Calif. county votes for secession:hello2:[/h]ALTURAS, Calif. -- A second far Northern California county has voted to secede from the state.
The Record Searchlight of Redding reports (UPDATED: Modoc County joins Siskiyou in state of Jefferson bid for secession » Redding Record Searchlight) that Modoc County supervisors voted 4-0 in favor of secession on Friday.
The vote comes just weeks after neighboring Siskiyou County also voted for secession.
The goal is to form a separate state called Jefferson that would also include parts of Southern Oregon. The idea for the state goes back to the nineteenth century.
Many of the residents of the rural counties along the Oregon-California border having long felt that those in the urban halls of power in both states ignore their needs.
Modoc County Board Chairwoman Geri Byrne tells the Record Searchlight she put the secession measure forward after hearing support for the idea from people in her district.

Upvote 0

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone go to the tea party in redding on Mondays?? Have they said anything about dredging laws yet???

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
been awhile zone X
good place
to bad they went to the lottery
reading the comments from redding news, hehehe some people just don't get it
thanks hefty, will be forwarding this to my sups

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PUFF-PUFF-PASS-nuttn' but a old smoke dream. First both state legislatures and governors must agree to give up their vital resources-aka water/wood/minerals/tax /cash and THEN the feds must also agree to reformulation. They can't even agree on what day it is.. Not EVER a gonna happen. Dream the dream but spend your days with your eyes wide open and your WALLET SHUT-John

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about we extend the "state of Jefferson state lines a bit? Lets make it include most of northern Cali. That way we can have more of the motherlode in there and get back to serious dredging. Gold is accumulating, at some point if we don't dredge, wildlife can possibly choke on nuggets and die. We must remove those nasty wildlife killing nuggets!

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well like john says, it will be a cold day in h*ll before this happens. however I believe the more press this gets the better and the more counties that get on board better yet. imagine if they actually had to debate this in sacramento and salem. might do some good, really couldn't hurt. just my 2 cents. highdesertranger

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm gonna send my county supervisors a letter just for gp. Gotta keep that dream alive, that and I would really like to draw a deer tag or two in my home area again before I croak.

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
Largely symbolic. Hopefully sends a message to Sacramento. But I have my doubts.I'm sure their getting a good laugh out of this.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Largely symbolic. Hopefully sends a message to Sacramento. But I have my doubts.I'm sure their getting a good laugh out of this.

Probably true. Interestingly a few counties in northern CO are talking the same way. Guess it is a good way to send a message. If you think about the impact on congress you will see that it will never happen. Last time this happened successfully was during the civil war (West Virginia)!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

yes i agree,but there aint no way these socalled "representatives" of ours give a rats azz what we think aslong as they keep getting elected! than then theyll go out kicking and screeming!

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The original State of Jefferson had links to the Knights of the Golden Circle. It was all about writing their own constitution and States Rights. It did not work out for them like they had originally planed and did not last long.
L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread