Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By Hefty1
  • 2 Post By Hoser John
  • 3 Post By tyeechinook
  • 2 Post By highdesertranger
  • 1 Post By fowledup
  • 1 Post By russau

Thread: STATE OF JEFFERSON...GROWING

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2010
    1462 times

STATE OF JEFFERSON...GROWING

2nd Calif. county votes for secession

ALTURAS, Calif. -- A second far Northern California county has voted to secede from the state.
    The Record Searchlight of Redding reports (UPDATED: Modoc County joins Siskiyou in state of Jefferson bid for secession » Redding Record Searchlight) that Modoc County supervisors voted 4-0 in favor of secession on Friday.
    The vote comes just weeks after neighboring Siskiyou County also voted for secession.
    The goal is to form a separate state called Jefferson that would also include parts of Southern Oregon. The idea for the state goes back to the nineteenth century.
    Many of the residents of the rural counties along the Oregon-California border having long felt that those in the urban halls of power in both states ignore their needs.
    Modoc County Board Chairwoman Geri Byrne tells the Record Searchlight she put the secession measure forward after hearing support for the idea from people in her district.

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    Get your property quick
    "The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

us
    "Dad"

Dec 2012
    Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
    Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro
    282 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I would move there in a heartbeat.
    “You should always waste time when you don't have any. Time is not the boss of you.”

us
    Apr 2013
    Northern CA
    Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
    38 times
    Prospecting
    Does anyone go to the tea party in redding on Mondays?? Have they said anything about dredging laws yet

us
    My Hearts Desire

Nov 2010
    Camptonville, CA
    GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
    1294 times
    Prospecting
    been awhile zone X
    good place
    to bad they went to the lottery
    reading the comments from redding news, hehehe some people just don't get it
    thanks hefty, will be forwarding this to my sups
    The enemies of liberty will not rest, and neither can we.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6655 times
    PUFF-PUFF-PASS-nuttn' but a old smoke dream. First both state legislatures and governors must agree to give up their vital resources-aka water/wood/minerals/tax /cash and THEN the feds must also agree to reformulation. They can't even agree on what day it is.. Not EVER a gonna happen. Dream the dream but spend your days with your eyes wide open and your WALLET SHUT-John

Sep 2013
    206 times
    How about we extend the "state of Jefferson state lines a bit? Lets make it include most of northern Cali. That way we can have more of the motherlode in there and get back to serious dredging. Gold is accumulating, at some point if we don't dredge, wildlife can possibly choke on nuggets and die. We must remove those nasty wildlife killing nuggets!

us
    Sep 2008
    so kalifornia
    gmt, falcon md20
    29 times
    Prospecting
    well like john says, it will be a cold day in h*ll before this happens. however I believe the more press this gets the better and the more counties that get on board better yet. imagine if they actually had to debate this in sacramento and salem. might do some good, really couldn't hurt. just my 2 cents. highdesertranger
    fowledup and Aufisher like this.

us
    fowledup

Jul 2013
    Northern California
    Whites GMT V/SAT
    5166 times
    Prospecting
    I'm gonna send my county supervisors a letter just for gp. Gotta keep that dream alive, that and I would really like to draw a deer tag or two in my home area again before I croak.
    bevo likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    214 times
    Largely symbolic. Hopefully sends a message to Sacramento. But I have my doubts.I'm sure their getting a good laugh out of this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10535 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by calnatv View Post
    Largely symbolic. Hopefully sends a message to Sacramento. But I have my doubts.I'm sure their getting a good laugh out of this.
    Probably true. Interestingly a few counties in northern CO are talking the same way. Guess it is a good way to send a message. If you think about the impact on congress you will see that it will never happen. Last time this happened successfully was during the civil war (West Virginia)!

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    Actually it was about to happen in this same area, until the death of the founder of the movement, Gilbert Gable died on Dec 2, 1941, and the attack on Pearl Harbour on Dec 7, 1941.

Jefferson (proposed Pacific state) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by calnatv View Post
    yes i agree,but there aint no way these socalled "representatives" of ours give a rats azz what we think aslong as they keep getting elected! than then theyll go out kicking and screeming!
    calnatv likes this.

us
    Sep 2012
    Nebraska City, Nebraska
    4090 times
    K.G.C. Cache
    The original State of Jefferson had links to the Knights of the Golden Circle. It was all about writing their own constitution and States Rights. It did not work out for them like they had originally planed and did not last long.
    L.C. Baker

Sponsored Links