Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By keitha43
  • 1 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By GrizzlyGremlin

Thread: 2013 Colorado gold rush hits the news....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Bazooka Goldtrap enthusiast

    Jan 2012
    Centennial, Colorado
    Sluices: Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluice (retired!), Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, occasional gold cube
    3,134
    2043 times
    Prospecting

    2013 Colorado gold rush hits the news....

    Gold prospecting hits the local news...but we never get to see any gold
    Interest in gold mining increases after Colo. floods | KDVR.com
    ...it is too about havin' the gold!

  2. #2
    us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT300 D2, 950, 6X10 DD, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
    1,590
    187 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That's good it leaves more for you, that's how I would look at it anyway. Seems lots of people think its going to be real easy then when they find out you have to work at finding it and getting it they aren't so interested anymore. To me if was that easy I would lose interest in it before too long.

  3. #3
    us
    Jun 2013
    Moore, Oklahoma
    61
    38 times
    Prospecting
    You know the gold was my first thought when I heard about the floods. But then I was ashamed of myself because of all the people who were missing and possibly dead. I was feeling pretty guilty about it. I felt better when I started seeing other posts here about it. Kind of a "therapy". Nice to know I wasn't the only one.
    loco oro, tamrock and jeff of pa like this.

  4. #4
    us
    Jun 2013
    Micanopy, Fl
    Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
    247
    69 times
    Metal Detecting
    Like they say in Maine "Leave your money, take your trash."

    Tourists need food, fuel, lodging, and gear. Make a small business of it.

  5. #5
    Charter Member
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

    Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    2,326
    2127 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That thought of new gold came to my mind when I saw how these front range rivers rushing like they were. It was biblical like they were saying. Could be the best place to find gold now would be Omaha and Oklahoma City. Just the little creeks where I live are turned up and out and dug ten, twenty feet deeper. I was thinking on going up to Jamestown with a pan and see if I find anything. Down where I live I may go see if I can find any old bison skulls or mamoth tusks? There will be most likely some unique finds in all this.
    jeff of pa likes this.

  6. #6
    us
    Bazooka Goldtrap enthusiast

    Jan 2012
    Centennial, Colorado
    Sluices: Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluice (retired!), Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, occasional gold cube
    3,134
    2043 times
    Prospecting
    Tamrock, you have my curiosity up...which town do you live in? I am in Centennial. The creeks down here moved lots of material around too ...lots! But none of them cut 10 or even 2 feet deeper.
    ...it is too about havin' the gold!

  7. #7
    us
    Sep 2013
    La Plata, nm
    Gold stinger
    104
    38 times
    Sluicing,panning, treasure hunting
    This is very interesting since this is also what I think when I see any river flooding. I can wait till the La Plata river is at a level I can search the bottom again for gold. Flooding is tragic, but you can't say that any one affected by these floods wouldn't be happy to find an oz nug. In their back yard, except those who lost loved ones. No amount of gold would make up for loosing anyone in my family. Sorry for anyone who had loses.

  8. #8

    May 2012
    684
    227 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by keitha43 View Post
    You know the gold was my first thought when I heard about the floods. But then I was ashamed of myself because of all the people who were missing and possibly dead. I was feeling pretty guilty about it. I felt better when I started seeing other posts here about it. Kind of a "therapy". Nice to know I wasn't the only one.
    Colorado Flooding

  9. #9

    Nov 2012
    370
    209 times
    Cant wait to come suck it all up!! I believe that this flood is good for gold. I found gold in the clear creek bank right next to my vehicles tire when i was there! This flood must have pushed pounds and pounds of gold into the river bed. Ill give it the winter to concentrate. See you in the spring!
    jeff of pa likes this.

  10. #10
    Charter Member
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

    Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    2,326
    2127 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Tamrock, you have my curiosity up...which town do you live in? I am in Centennial. The creeks down here moved lots of material around too ...lots! But none of them cut 10 or even 2 feet deeper.
    Well maybe not 20 feet, This took place just maybe 3-4 mile north of me early on in the storm and its just a small ravine. I live in Lafayette, Boulder County. I would think many streams in the foot hills north of Clear Creek would have been washed over very much so. Most have never been known for much gold, but the creeks up in around Jamestown and Gold hill would have been turned up a lot and they are the little streams the early gold prospectors of 1859 worked up to the load deposits in the foot hills of Boulder County. I would think that some of those ravines in western Boulder county that never saw much running water other then the normal annual spring run off would have had all that old alluviaum washed out and new from the banks washed in. There are gold mines up in that area of Jamestown and Gold Hill and those streams do produce some gold. Unlike the Big Thompson flood in the 70s that was one big rain storm in one river system, this storm was wide spread. Much of it over the gold areas in western Boulder County. Down here where I live these small creeks run in hard soil and that spontaneous rush of water cut though these small creeks like a band saw. I would think artifacts of all kinds buried for many years could be now exposed that fell in from the banks. The closest creek to me that runs year round is Coal Creek to my south and to the north is Boulder Creek. None of those were ever known gold producers. I saw Coal Creek the night of the storm and it was sure a sight to behold. The bike trail along Coal Creek is all gone, but I'm still going to go see what I can find that was under that trail for who knows how long? Could be bones or stone artitfacts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dillon road.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	871216  

  11. #11
    us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    3,943
    2258 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    All the ungodly zillions of tons of muck and mire,homes,trees,boulders and foliage will bury 90%+ under many feet of garbage. Takes many MANY years of constant flow to concentrate,just a old miners tale. Yes a few good spots but ruined not improved your odds of finding as toooo many roads and bridges gone to even get there to even look-John

  12. #12
    us
    Bazooka Goldtrap enthusiast

    Jan 2012
    Centennial, Colorado
    Sluices: Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluice (retired!), Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, occasional gold cube
    3,134
    2043 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    Well maybe not 20 feet, This took place just maybe 3-4 mile north of me early on in the storm and its just a small ravine. I live in Lafayette, Boulder County. I would think many streams in the foot hills north of Clear Creek would have been washed over very much so. Most have never been known for much gold, but the creeks up in around Jamestown and Gold hill would have been turned up a lot and they are the little streams the early gold prospectors of 1859 worked up to the load deposits in the foot hills of Boulder County. I would think that some of those ravines in western Boulder county that never saw much running water other then the normal annual spring run off would have had all that old alluviaum washed out and new from the banks washed in. There are gold mines up in that area of Jamestown and Gold Hill and those streams do produce some gold. Unlike the Big Thompson flood in the 70s that was one big rain storm in one river system, this storm was wide spread. Much of it over the gold areas in western Boulder County. Down here where I live these small creeks run in hard soil and that spontaneous rush of water cut though these small creeks like a band saw. I would think artifacts of all kinds buried for many years could be now exposed that fell in from the banks. The closest creek to me that runs year round is Coal Creek to my south and to the north is Boulder Creek. None of those were ever known gold producers. I saw Coal Creek the night of the storm and it was sure a sight to behold. The bike trail along Coal Creek is all gone, but I'm still going to go see what I can find that was under that trail for who knows how long? Could be bones or stone artitfacts?
    Wow, amazing pic and yes I bet you're right about those uphill stream beds that rarely run- will be fun to prospect them now! You really are right in the hardest hit area, very different from this end of things. We live in interesting times as CO prospectors
    ...it is too about havin' the gold!

  13. #13
    us
    Jun 2013
    Moore, Oklahoma
    61
    38 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    Could be the best place to find gold now would be Omaha and Oklahoma City.
    The only gold you will find in OKC is in a store. The K river about 3 hours away seems to be the closest spot people go to find a little very fine gold. Which I learned about on these forums.

  14. #14

    Jan 2013
    65
    40 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I was in Prescott az a few years back after a major flood. Lynx was massive there was so much new gold everywhere. I found about an oz in a week but it was not where I would have thought it would have been. A detector and a pan is what I used.

  15. #15
    us
    Oct 2012
    Omaha, NE
    24
    5 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    That thought of new gold came to my mind when I saw how these front range rivers rushing like they were. It was biblical like they were saying. Could be the best place to find gold now would be Omaha and Oklahoma City. Just the little creeks where I live are turned up and out and dug ten, twenty feet deeper. I was thinking on going up to Jamestown with a pan and see if I find anything. Down where I live I may go see if I can find any old bison skulls or mamoth tusks? There will be most likely some unique finds in all this.
    I can vouch for Omaha. Nothing, very little affect this far East. We saw a 2" to 5" rise over a 36hr period on the Platter River. However in western Nebraska they say a huge surge. In excess of 5' on most Colorado origin rivers. Go West young man.

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Colorado bottles 2013 ,#2
    By PikesPeakCharlie in forum Bottles & Glass
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jun 14, 2013, 08:31 PM
  2. Colorado ,first bottle hunt of 2013
    By PikesPeakCharlie in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 02, 2013, 05:07 PM
  3. nel sharpshooter hits first gold of 2013 - the bay today - ripple slew hunt
    By gravediggermax-vabeachva in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jan 10, 2013, 08:58 PM
  4. Very very bad news-Huge quake hits Chile; tsunami threatens Pacific
    By civil war hunter in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 27, 2010, 02:15 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 01, 2005, 07:22 PM

Search tags for this page

big thompson gold
,
big thompson river gold
,

colorado gold rush 2013

,
colorado gold rush/floods of 2012
,
colorado's new gold rush
,
gold button artifacts the colorado gold rush
,
gold in colorado streams 2013
,

gold panning big thompson river

,
gold panning near jamestown co
,

gold rush colorado 2013

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3