gold shows on tv

chowe

Mar 23, 2013
Where ever I throw my bed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when I make it to town whichever buddy I come visit and oil up with usually records gold shows so I have something to do while im in town.Everything of those shows is nothing but drama what the hell is that about?Doesn't anyone want to just see gold and prospecting? Lets see one that shows serious explicit!Granted sure everything breaks down and everyone has problems but who cares.Show me what I want to see.I damn sure don't care about whoa is me, f u get over yourslef and go find some gold.People can say its the experience that drives you bs its the fever that drives you.Lets get something that shows serious people finding gold.Forget about the trials and tribulations.I want the people that make a living, and I want to see the gold they find.Leave the rest out cause I dont care for that.cheers

Upvote 0

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They show all that drama because America loves a train wreck, if all they showed was the work few people other than us would keep watching. Think about it, the Masseys shows are great for learning, and always show the gold, but if they didn't own the Outdoor Channel their show would probably die off.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honey Boo Boo is still on if you'd rather watch it.

Personally, big fan of double divas.

keitha43

Jun 14, 2013
Moore, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yukon Gold is probably the best of the gold shows. I used to enjoy the Massie show much more before he started acting "over the top". When he used to be serious it was a lot better. I really enjoyed his fathers shows back in the 80's.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yukon Gold is probably the best of the gold shows. I used to enjoy the Massie show much more before he started acting "over the top". When he used to be serious it was a lot better. I really enjoyed his fathers shows back in the 80's.

I totally agree. Yukon Gold - two thumbs up. Tom Massie when he is serious - two thumbs up, "acting" Tom -two thumbs down

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I couldn't agree more, the last season or two were pretty lame. I understand how the entertainment side is an important element in show programing but now even my kids think the acting is more stupid than funny. Gold Fever needs to return at least somewhat back to its roots.

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just stared watching gold fever, it's a pretty good show, but reminds me of something that would be on bps cause of how corky tom is

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold Rush... has too much drama though they do show the gold from time to time.
Jungle Gold... Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber!
Gold Fever... When Massie is serious it's good, when he's not it sux.
OLD Gold Fever... Maybe the best gold show ever done. The Ol Buzzard rocked it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread