fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for posting that, made my day! Absolutely beautiful. Please copy and send that to all your local papers.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have used the kitchen table in the past for that same analogy a group of people sit around a table, a baseball bat a knife a computer and a firearm have been place on the table, hours go by and still they watch, not a single person was harmed in the making of this comment

Now I just say do you blame the frying pan for the burnt chicken

Sad part, there are a lot of great writers for our trade magazines whether it be for prospecting, guns or treasure hunting. Will not step outside this area
Some manufacture’s just don’t give a hoot, that or could have some influence; even sadder is that when we do have an organization or individual step up to the plate we just watch

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oh, and Nuggent came out with the best
"If guns kill people, mine are all defective"

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Guns are like any other tool. In the hands of someone that wants to misuse it, it's a dangerous thing. You could kill someone with a screw driver so are they going to outlaw them? Considering how many guns there are in this country, the death rate from them is pretty low when you really think about it. We don't need to control the guns, just the criminals that use them.

This whole gun control thing reminds me of a bit George Carlin did some years ago. "Have you ever noticed that most women that are against birth control you wouldn't want to sleep with anyway?" Same thing with guns, those that are against them have more than likely never been around them in the first place. While I've been trained by our own government how to use guns and some MUCH larger weapon systems, that doesn't mean that I'm going to shoot up everything in sight.(politicians excluded of course) For me a gun is the weapon of last choice. It's a lot harder to get a ballistics match off of an arrow than it is a bullet! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread