NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What's Watching You? O_O

After prospecting alone for a while and feeling that eerie feeling of something or somebody watching me.. I decided to put out some trail cams in the woods around my to keep an eye on what critters are watching me while I'm prospecting. Not that I'm worried about animals attacking me or anything, I'm just curious to see what's out there. I've never seen an animal while prospecting except little animals like squirrels and birds & snakes etc. I'll be putting these out every time I go out so if I get any more I'll post them to the same thread. This first one came around a few hours after I put the camera out. Wasn't expecting to get anything on camera the first day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a beautiful bobcat! Sweet!

He/she definitely had that nose in the wind, and it's senses were telling
it to vamoose...danger was ahead. It won't ever bother you though,
but don't let your house kitties hang round there...
hawkeye.gif

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

laurenB

Aug 24, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
V3i, Garrett Pinpointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What great and beautiful things to see! All I see is a lot of ticks :laughing7:

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep. Bighorn Sheep in East Fork San Gabriel last weekend. Saw a maintain lion the night prior and had a bear crap next to my camp fire. No pics of them. I like my limbs where they are... attached.
Didn't know there were bighorn sheep in ca. I caught a big bear on camera above where I was working also but it was really early in the morning when I wasn't there and he goes out of frame really quick so I didn't post it.

socalocmatt

Mar 19, 2013
Corona CA
Didn't know there were bighorn sheep in ca. I caught a big bear on camera above where I was working also but it was really early in the morning when I wasn't there and he goes out of frame really quick so I didn't post it.

That woulda made for a badass clip!
Yep, the wilderness area above the East Fork is called Sheep Mountain Wilderness. Never saw they prior to then.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a great idea and awesome find for the first day. Posting more as you get them? Priceless! I didn't know about the Big Horns in CA either. What a sight to see! This site keeps getting better and better. Thanks to all!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew there were Big Horns out in the desert areas, but never thought they'd be along the San Gabriel. You usually can only see the desert ones from a distance as they're very shy. Great shots guys! keep them coming as ya can.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Big horns in the Panamints in So Kal. Also a bit of glod

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice kitty, his ear was pickin up something too.
True story.
Bout 15 yrs or so ago, I'm sunning in my back yard. It's fairly private and I have my back turned to the neighbors' house behind me.
I can feel eyes on me! It's not a comfortable feeling, and I look to the left, nothing, look to the right, and on top of the flat RV garage, sits
Miss Suzie, a cross-eyed Siamese/Burmese cat, with fur as soft as a llama.

cross-eyed-cat.jpg
(not Miss Suzie, but could be her twin! LOL!)

So I say, "What's up Miss Suzie"?, she mews back, I lay back down.
I can STILL feel eyes on me! I look at M.S., and it ain't her!
I look behind me, and my neighbor is crouched at the fence, with a pair of binoculars!
I grab my towel, yelling/cussing, dumbazz pervert, are you blind? that's what the corner store sells mag's for, etc......
He killed himself within the yr, he was one of them roided weightlifters. His ex got the home. Her and her new husband are very nice.
That "eyes upon you" feeling, is not one I can let, just go by.

Great cam shots!

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Wow N8 thats way cool video you caught. Bet your looking over your shoulder a bit more now that you caught em looking at ya..lol

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Really cool video. Yup they are def out there. So much beautiful wildlife we get a chance to see.

So many big horn in east fork, in the no mans land. Only prob is the 2 legged creatures way back there , living there... And doing **** they ain't supoosed to do..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread