YUP

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what about the BLM? any word from those parasites? and forest circus, and ....

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blm and the Forest people

All Law enforcement officers are essential to protect the property.
The others are sitting at home.
The LR 2000 is even directed to the national page. Can't even check on the claims or paperwork.

Calif Fish and Fuzzy dept is still working of course.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now that the Extremist Police Agency is on vacation, it could be a good time to retort that amalgam that fell out of my molar

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
That brings up yet another point. If 93% of them are "non-essential" WHY THE HECK ARE WE PAYING FOR THEM??? Another fine example of our tax dollars being wasted by Washington. Trim it down, get rid of the waste, tell those "non-essential" people to go find a real job and while we're at it... fire the fool that said we need all those people in the first place. He/She don't know what they're doing!!!

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That brings up yet another point. If 93% of them are "non-essential" WHY THE HECK ARE WE PAYING FOR THEM??? Another fine example of our tax dollars being wasted by Washington. Trim it down, get rid of the waste, tell those "non-essential" people to go find a real job and while we're at it... fire the fool that said we need all those people in the first place. He/She don't know what they're doing!!!

Jeff.... There are no real jobs left! They've all been outsourced!! If 93% all lost there jobs, WHAT would that do to unemployment/ economy?!

Fu¢K we are screwed, aren't we¿

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We have been for years Danny boy! It's just that the general public is starting to wake up to that little fact. When it all hits the fan, I hope everyone here has a good supply of ammo for their weapons of choice. We're well covered here and I've also got tons of arrows since I'm one of those "Sneaky Archer Types" that don't make no noise. ;) Much better range than a pistol and a lot more take down power.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We have been for years Danny boy! It's just that the general public is starting to wake up to that little fact. When it all hits the fan, I hope everyone here has a good supply of ammo for their weapons of choice. We're well covered here and I've also got tons of arrows since I'm one of those "Sneaky Archer Types" that don't make no noise. ;) Much better range than a pistol and a lot more take down power.
So I'm curious, who would you actually shoot and in what scenario? I have wondered about this when I've read similar posts before but not been confident I would get a thoughtful answer....from you I know I can get a well considered answer :)

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why I own guns

Attachments

• image-4293995010.jpg
    image-4293995010.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 95

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting. Do you have a sustainable source of food and water? Otherwise perhaps you'd end up using your weapons to take from others in a real life collapse(?).

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope I never have to worry about it Kevin! Sustainable? No, but I do keep enough food stuffs and water to provide for a family of 3 for about 2 months.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get out there and dredge while you can California. Looks like you should have through this weekend and into the next. Start in the national parks, those boys have all been sent home too.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Three + month food supply, Bug out emergency vehicle, Solar backup system, Weapons, ammo, Bug out location also stocked with caches of the same (all buried 5 feet deep with any metals even deeper so that you minelab swingers can't find it). People being prepared isn't a hobby, its the only thing that could save you. Remember two key things, Your bug out location shouldn't be more than two hours away and you absolutely should not have to cross a freeway. If you do you are screwed. Freeways are going to be like a knife through the heart of the country.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really when it's all said and done, if the crap hits the fan, I'm not sure what will happen with me and mine. My wife is a sheep and it scares her deeply if I go into too much detail of the what ifs... She is one of those who still believes our economy can't collapse, little lone the country and civilization as we know it. She knows I'm stocking mres and water and ammo and silver, she still thinks I'm the crazy one! My 12 year old step-daughter though whom is highly intelligent is starting to ask questions about all the stupid crap going on in the world right now. I don't want to scare her, or give her my point of view. Last night at dinner, with a somewhat disgruntled look from my wife, I simply told her not to believe everything "they" say, and to do her own research and dig a little deeper. She's a smart cookie, I hope like hell she gets to live a happy peaceful life and experience the joys of having a family etc. Btw.... She's is finally starting to get into panning with me at home, I will be taking her out to "my hole" once the water starts flowing again.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Kev, In answer to your earlier question it would have to be a very dire situation to get me to shoot anyone. We have enough land here that we could easily sustain ourselves off of it. We have our own well and the house also has a generator in case the power grid fails. This in its own way could be our downfall as we're set pretty well. This makes us a prime target for those that are not prepped for when it hits the fan. As far as tossing lead or arrows in someones direction goes there are a lot of variables to consider.

1. Do we know them (IE: one of the neighbors or other friends)
2. Are they trying to break into one of the buildings here? (Shop, House, well house)
3. Are they armed themselves? Negative "Brownie points" if they are and we don't know them already.
4. What are their numbers? Single individuals are a lot easier to deal with than mobs of people
5. What is OUR current situation on supplies? Do we have enough to share?
6. Does this person have usable skills that could benefit the group here or not?

Like I said... A LOT of variables to be considered here. One thing that will get you shot quicker than anything else is to try to harm one of the family members provided the dogs don't have you for lunch first. They're VERY protective. Like we used to say when playing Dungeons & Dragons... INSTANT DEATH... No saving throw.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Prep for and expect the worst, anything better is a bonus. Irish, remember a generator is a magnet that can be heard along ways away, look for an alternative method to pump your well should you run out of gas.

We all have said "it's bad but where else could we go that's not worse" That should be the biggest clue right there of where we are at. We are the last country on this planet that can ask that and know that this is it, this is as good as it gets! I'm no wacko, I'm a scared realist.
Kevin, any scenario that threatens my family and/or its means of providing for itself is the proper scenario. As to the question of am I prepared and do I have sustainable resources; yes and in my opinion everyone should be in the best way they can. I don't say this in an arrogant puffed up testosterone infused chest thumping manner. As a teenager and young adult our family lived in the Bush of Alaska, what I learned there about life and the necessity of being prepared has never left me or served me wrong. Independence is kinda of a big thing with me.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread