Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm done with all gold shows except Ghost mine,
But if they don't get to mining soon, I'll be done with that one too.
Tired of the Reruns,& other BS these shows are airing.
What does ,
having family picnics, pretending a train is haunted, & watching a Bush fire have to do with Mining for Gold ?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff, as far as I can tell the new show "Gold Fever" is more of a documentary
on the 1800's Calif. gold rush. You might want to check it out, as it should be
interesting..:occasion14:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm done with all gold shows except Ghost mine,
But if they don't get to mining soon, I'll be done with that one too.
Tired of the Reruns,& other BS these shows are airing.
What does ,
having family picnics, pretending a train is haunted, & watching a Bush fire have to do with Mining for Gold ?

I have already turned off by Ghost Mine as well, nothing there for me to watch. Now from what I understand the new show is a Doc. as DizzyDigger has said. Yukon Gold is not bad but it as well follows a bunch of guys but there is no TODD in this bunch, but have learn not to waste my time watching first run shows. I watch on my terms using the DVR.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw the intros for 3 new shows and some guys on Yukon gold(10 minutes) I saw the cleanup was righteous,much less bs than gold fever mama drama. John

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The history channel (i think) did a documentary a few years ago. It was a 2 2nd deal you can find parts of on YouTube. Is it the same show or is it a new series? That one was an, excellent documentary. By the way what happened to the other shows?

keitha43

Jun 14, 2013
Moore, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My program guide is showing one called "Alaska Gold Diggers" on Oct 9th on Animal Planet from 7-8 central time. It is a new show. I haven't seen any commercials yet so I don't know if it looks any good or not.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yukon Gold is pretty good looks real to me...great clean ups. The only drama really is breakdowns...and the one Crew is a Dad and his sons so they showcase that family drama a bit...They are definitely really digging and running lots of gravel. The pan shots show them just driving equipment up riverbeds and huge tailings piles it is crazy to see the scale of the sites smack in the Middle of the wilderness . Canada is obviously wise to the fact that to make Money you actually have to let Miners Mine..

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the tips on the new shows, I am recording both to see how they are :-)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have already turned off by Ghost Mine as well, nothing there for me to watch. Now from what I understand the new show is a Doc. as DizzyDigger has said. Yukon Gold is not bad but it as well follows a bunch of guys but there is no TODD in this bunch, but have learn not to waste my time watching first run shows. I watch on my terms using the DVR.

I watch everything Via DVR, I cannot stand waiting for commercials to be over,
Especially considerring half the commercials are Crybaby & Disease of the day
commercials .

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO far the only one I like is Yukon gold. It has less crap than todd's crappy show.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread