Finally dug out!

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mining is on holf in the Black Hills for awhile. What a storm!. 30+ inches around the lower Hills and plains and 48 inches around Deadwood and Lead. Finally got dug out today. What a mess downed trees every where.Cleanup will take some time. No power from 6:30 pm Fri til 9:30 pm Sat. Well back to work tomarrow.

BH Prospector

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Talk about overburden!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BHP, glad you and yours are OK! I could see where something like that could sort of put a kink in your prospecting plans for awhile. Is the stuff going to melt off right away or will it sit around for the rest of the winter? Hope you have a wood burning stove and a nice stack of firewood to use!..........63bkpkr

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping winter will hold off here for a little bit anyway as I've been busy with dealing with projects around the house to get enough fix for the year yet.

OP
OP
B H Prospector

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for the concern. Talked to my buddy in the central Hills and my claim up there is under 4 ft of snow. Most of which will stay for the winter. The other claim is lower and is already clearing off. We had about 2 inches of rain today and melted alot of the snow down in the lower areas. No wood stove but I do have a generator to run heaters. Now we have flooding going on. Melt is too fast.

BrianMaruska

Greenie
Nov 24, 2012
Rapid City, SD
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sure was quite the storm! I live here in Rapid City - lost power for about three days. Once the snow stopped blowing there was about 5-6 ft of snow just in the front yard and street.

being alive

Dec 3, 2012
It sure was quite the storm! I live here in Rapid City - lost power for about three days. Once the snow stopped blowing there was about 5-6 ft of snow just in the front yard and street.

Sounds like a topical storm in South Lake Tahoe when they move through. Has not done that in few years. Remember my first winter. Had 12 feet of snow everywhere. Still had snow on ground in mid June. Regular storm will drop 3 feet a day. Have a Cuzins in Piedmont, north of Rapid. I know the winds can do horrific things with the snow. I like the area in summer, but would not want to spend a winter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B H Prospector

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the most part winters are quite mild here in the Hills. We can and do get alot of snow but temps are pretty nice. The Hills are called the banana belt of the upper plains. Nothing like the east half of the state. Sub zero most of the winter or single digits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions