A Fantastic Day

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I headed out today my stepdad came along I kept him in the dirt all he had to do was feed the sluice.. The morning was a little chilly but all in all a good day. I was able to do a little crackin while I waited for my stepdad to catch up.. And I am glad I did. I stumbled on this crack early on. What a good day ..I went ahead and hiked out the concetrates from sluicing still haven't panned it out probably will wait for a rainy day or when I am hard up for cash whichever comes first.. Anyway so far that crack has accounted for 7.4 grams and the sluice didn't look half bad and was run constantly for about 6 hours. I'm headed out early Monday two continue up the crack.. Hopefully their is still more gold to be got.

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Marshall, you are living the life that so many of us have dreamed of, but are now
a bit too long in the tooth to go chasing after. I've still got the "guns" to bust
out the bedrock, but unfortunately the balance and lungs would never let me
get that far back in the hills. THANK YOU for taking the time to
make the video's, and share them with the rest of us.
respect-062.gif

I also enjoy the music you include with the video's. I can [usually] understand the
words, but the music itself isn't the kind that rattles ones brain, rather it's peaceful
and pleasant to hear.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice chunky gold! Plenty too!

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went back today to clean up and move the tools to higher ground just in case it rains allot.. The area paid well and now it's time to move on...Thursday I will head to the dusty area though I am already sidetracked on another spot. Well I hope everyone is having a good week

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You've got great taste in music, although when I first saw the picture in the video playback box, Pink Floyd's, "Wish You Were Here" started playing in my head. You are truly living the dream!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! I noticed that sorry ass old pan of yours now has a bad crack in the bottom too! Wonder what it'll take to get you to upgrade?!?

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! I noticed that sorry ass old pan of yours now has a bad crack in the bottom too! Wonder what it'll take to get you to upgrade?!?

I see gold get stuck in the crack in the bottom and I probably lost some pennies thru it.. I have other pans. The broken green one still works I guess. I was using another pan for a little while but then I got into dispute with Rodney about who's pan of Gold was being shown in the Video's. Stupid reason I know but at the time I was trying to impress R.L. thinking he was an actual prospector not a recreationalist So I made the switch back. Turned out they were only all talk no action. And I was the only one who new anything about actually prospecting and working.. But for some reason I took the dispute personally and just never made a switch again.. I will have to make the switch soon though as it is on it's death bed..

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting back story ;-) I do think that pan is worthy of keeping in your hall of fame, it sure has been with you for a while,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions