Any gates locked?

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since a previous thread was stopped because we, a band of brothers wanting to inform each other and those near to us, to stay up to date with situations that affect all of our livelihoods, I will simply ask if anyone has come across any forest/Blm area closures due to the government shutdown? I am planning to go out this weekend, and have a feeling I may find normally open gates, locked tight with forest closed signs :-(
Anyone encounter this yet?
Anyone in GA, being told they can't go on corpse of engineers property?
Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i was up there in the Indian Valley Rec area with a bud on Sunday, parked at Rocky Rest campground, crossed over the bridge hiked in baout two miles saw someone across the river with a homemade Home Depot buckets hand crank tromel, was that you, we were sluicing on I think its call Humbug Creek
I was on the North Yuba in Sierra County last week. All campgrounds and restrooms were in lock down mode

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems like you could dredge in Cali with the government shut down as your risk of getting caught is lowered...just saying...not encouraging anyone to break the law. :wink:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not me, wish I had a trommel!

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a state ban not federal.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this is what the guy had across the river , dude dug a hugh hole, pretty impressive, rather be dredging way easier

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread