Any gates locked?

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since a previous thread was stopped because we, a band of brothers wanting to inform each other and those near to us, to stay up to date with situations that affect all of our livelihoods, I will simply ask if anyone has come across any forest/Blm area closures due to the government shutdown? I am planning to go out this weekend, and have a feeling I may find normally open gates, locked tight with forest closed signs :-(
Anyone encounter this yet?
Anyone in GA, being told they can't go on corpse of engineers property?
Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Dan! If ya can't get into your area remember you're welcome to come on out and dig with us anytime. There are NO gates between us and the gold except for one and I've got granted access for it.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply take a trip to your local Harbor Freight store as they carry a excellent line of gate keys called bolt cutters,never leave home without them. As some gates open when ya go in....but at days end your locked in also......-John:headbang:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can they lock a gate if their not at work....and yes always carry a SKELETON KEY:headbang:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Item on the local news tonight about how the business owners near the Grand Canyon staged a protest because of the park being locked up tight. It's really hurting their business since the tourists are not coming to the park because of the shutdown.

If I was them I'd send Congress a bill for lost income due to their stupidity!!!! No telling how long it's going to take for the people to come back to the parks even after they get this mess settled.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wait until gang green decides that the Grand Canyon is no longer one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World, and starts calling it the world's largest erosion disaster. First they will lock it down permanently then they'll suggest filling it back in to restore it. Probably use the silt, mud and gravel leftover from their California mercury remediation projects. Was meant to be a funny, but probably not so funny as the silly bas---s are probably working on it as we speak.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wait until gang green decides that the Grand Canyon is no longer one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World, and starts calling it the world's largest erosion disaster. First they will lock it down permanently then they'll suggest filling it back in to restore it. Probably use the silt, mud and gravel leftover from their California mercury remediation projects. Was meant to be a funny, but probably not so funny as the silly bas---s are probably working on it as we speak.

Nah, they'll blame it on the dredgers and try to get a global ban on dredging!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was on the North Yuba in Sierra County last week. All campgrounds and restrooms were in lock down mode

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was on the North Yuba in Sierra County last week. All campgrounds and restrooms were in lock down mode

As a little payback, take a dump right at the locked door! Other people might not like it but from a personal stand point, It might make you chuckle inside.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hers the KIcker.....Campgrounds are only on federal land....almost all without exception are run by private businesses....One of them around here is American Land and leasure. Your site has to be reserved Via Reserve America...and is paid well in advance, so there are people including people going to Yosimite, Kings Canyon etc...who also PREPAID via a Non-Gov company to stay at a NON-GOV MANAGED campground that is actually on Land ALREADY paid for by us.....Most camp hosts only have to collect cash for around a month one first come first serve camping is available...Not all campgrounds are the same but the majority are run this way. So how will the refunds work out?.....and what an assanine situation to turn away revenue during a "SUPPOSED" financial crunch.. during Deer Season as well???? I wonder if they are trying to harass Dispersed campers/hunters...I never see, F.S.L.E.O and will be Quite Peeved if I'm out after a Buck and get booted cause the woods are closed...like the lack of cash is slowing nature down or something....These Pretentious entitled A_holes are trying to pull the wool over the sheeps eyes and the sheep are running the sheers it is a joke. and as far as gates being locked???...I'M glad that when you head out around here, it doesn't take long before the gates you do see are now just posts that have been bent back into the brush:skullflag:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sounds like it just smacked in the face

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simply take a trip to your local Harbor Freight store as they carry a excellent line of gate keys called bolt cutters,never leave home without them. As some gates open when ya go in....but at days end your locked in also......-John:headbang:

I call those type keys "master keys".

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drove through Whiskeytown National Rec area yesterday going to my claims and locked up tighter than a prison. On the plus side killed 3 rattlers sunning themselves on the new blacktop road between 2-3 they came out from all over as nights freezing in the hills--John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread