Looking for property in Northern California

AUDIGGER

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi

I spent a week this past summer at Roaring Mining Camp in Pine Grove, CA in Amador County. What a great family experience and the gold was great too. I want to buy property somewhere in Northern California next year but not sure where the best area would be. I am looking for acreage that has creek/river access and deeded mineral rights that convey with the property. I want to be able to fish and prospect yet be close to many of the old mining towns for day family trips.
I guess what I am asking is does anyone have any recommendations as to what counties(Sierra, Nevada, Amador,Tolumnee,etc) and rivers would give me and my family the best opportunities of finding good gold.I am looking to purchase not buy a claim.
thanks for your help and insight
jeff

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like Sierra and El Dorado

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Private property with MINERAL,TIMBER AND WATER RIGHTS is mandatory as nuttn' worse than plunking down $100,000+ and then finding out ya can't even mine it. John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
El Dorado, Placer, Amador, Sierra,.... In that order. I bet it gets more expensive the farther (Populated too) south you go. I've seen several Parcels selling around me that I would like a chance at.The area where you were by Roaring Camp is nice. Its not hard to find land with all the rights deeded to you either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions