Gold-n-sand hand suction dredge. First time out report

Colorider

Greenie
Aug 11, 2013
Westminster co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to take my new Gold-n-sand extreme pro out today. Here is my experience. I did not find it too bulky to haul to the spot where I was going to prospect. Had the extra tips and hose in my backpack along with the other stuff. Shovel, water, etc. Carrying the unit was not a problem. Lightweight. Lugging it down the bank was no more a problem then hauling buckets and pans. A sluice is much more cumbersome in my opinion. The unit functioned just like the videos. actually filled the bucket faster then I had thought.
The bucket is a bit awkward to position and keep in place. Likes to tip over and float downstream. I was not spending a lot of time in the water today, so I was easily able to set it up on the shore and pump material into it. I was able to get down deep where most people are not able to dig. Really nice getting under the bank next to rocks and suck out some good material. Also really handy sticking the nozzles into small spots and getting material out. Was a fun time.
Gold bearing material? Not sure. The area is new to me and I have no clue what I am doing as far as where to take the best material. That will come later. I just wanted to test out this new rig. In fine sand and heavy black sand areas, the bucket would fill up in a few minutes. Pumping was easy with good leverage. When I was in some awkward positions in order to sneak under the bank or rocks, the pumping angle was a bit hard on my shoulders. However, I have some pretty beat up shoulder joints so it is prob not a problem for most.
So far I am really happy with how it worked. I panned a little of my material and found nothing. I have 5 gallons of stuff to go through. Have to get my recirculation pump working right so I can sluice this stuff.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions