Alaska Gold Diggers

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Complete garbage! Just more of the same "Miners are idiots" show.

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads-up guys. I just set my system, to record all new shows. It starts at 8pm PST.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I really hate to say it, but it looked to me like the "Ladies" are all graduates of the "Todd Hoffman School of Mining". At least they had enough sense to seek out professional help from the locals. From what I saw it looked like "The Beach Bunnies meet Alaska the hard way". Their Nome claim looks to have some nice gold on it. Couple of nice pickers out of the dredge at the end of the show.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe the script for this show was passed on from Gold Rush writers. In fact I saw a commercial of all the TV channels under the Discovery umbrella and it would not surprise me its the same script. Same old BS and this show like the others are heading south. Remember these gals are not in any danger, most likely there is a 30 man TV crew on site. Notice how quickly the girls were walking in Nome then out of the blue they are in a vehicle. Thank you DVR...

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, they don't know how to mine, so I guess you'd call them idiots. But I'd rather watch them dredge than todd explaining how to speak spanish by saying the word in english and adding an 'L' to the front of the word and 'A' to the end.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I missed it. Is it like watching Baywatch? How many lady miners are out there? Not hunting with spouses and looking for gold. Sounds almost like my old days watching the gold diggers in the bars. Lol.

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG!!!

I am so sad, having watched the premier of this show, last night. I was hoping for a great new series. Well those thoughts were thrown out the window! A Mom and three Sisters from California??? How Very Sad!!!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well my lady is a gold digger of the best kind. She knows how to run the sluice, the shaker, to pan etc etc etc. If they wanted to have a show about REAL GOLD DIGGERS they should have talked to her. We could both use a free trip to Alaska for mining. ;)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my lady is a gold digger of the best kind. She knows how to run the sluice, the shaker, to pan etc etc etc. If they wanted to have a show about REAL GOLD DIGGERS they should have talked to her. We could both use a free trip to Alaska for mining. ;)

T/hey don't want a show about REAL miners. They want a show about idiots, failure, fighting and drama. All the modern "reality" shows are just televised freak shows.

OP
OP
DesertNuggets

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wasn't what I was expecting. It belongs on TLC right after the Long Island Medium. ;)

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you all are being harsh. These women are coming from the lap of luxury. I live near Newport Beach, I know what people down there are like. It's a Republican Malibu. And they went to a rough area like that, got smacked around hard by nature and freezing weather and water and still stuck with it. They had the sense to get help from locals, who came off a LOT better than they do in BSG. Yes, the women *****ed and swore. I would too. But they stuck with it. They handle themselves better than Emily Riedel and they are far more spoiled than Emily, who at least knows adversity (I mean, look at her father). And that youngest daughter is FINE.

The Kardashians would have quit and gone home after one day.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to explain what the show was about to our munchkin who is all of 6 (going on 30) and suddenly realized that SHE knows more about mining than all those girls combined! Maybe we could get one of the channels interested in doing a show with her. They could call it "The Munchkin Miner" or "Mining with the Munchkin". I can pretty much promise it would be more educational that the shows they've got on so far.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it would probly be a pretty good show if it hadnt had those gals there making idiots of them selves!
I was working on the water heater and 3 reruns caught the end/ dredging parts. Finally saw the beginning and yeah, they always seem to overplay the character building.

Still take the kardashians over hoffman rv city clusterfrack.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Munchkin Mining...sounds entertaining to me! She can show us all how it's done i bet! (Learned from the best!)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed setting up,
But Just read description of next episode

flaring tempers between the women and the miners over trust issues ? ? :icon_scratch:

What is this a soap opera :BangHead:

I'm Not gonna be watching

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread