What is this Classifier??

medgell

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me what brand or manufacturer this yellow spiral concentrator classifier is. ??? ebay dredge.jpg

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG not a classifier but a concentrator. You are the only other person who has shown one--besides me--in over 25 years as they were a horrendous flop. Yours was a dipstey dumpster find after they were thrown away at the plant as discharge not even cut out. Think of it as a inverted hydrofuge,that didn't work. The yellow was from the original mfgr/inventor......senior moment as for the life a me can't remember who but when around 1977 or so?? Upside down in pic-is the unit flat on the large part now showing as top or inverted as many designs of the same thang,and none worked though. Thanx much as just saw mine in the shed and a always got a good chuckle at that mother-John

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep John
I got a grey one sitting around in the pile of stuff.

OP
OP
M

medgell

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you SO much John and Dredgeman. This actually helps a ton. It looks like a hose operated centrifuge, or a washing machine that wouldn't expel the material. Nice idea, but non functioning item. Im actually still interested in getting my hands on one to see how it works or doesn't work like you say. Im in the research and design phase of building a prospecting device and this would help me figure some things out. like they say. the wise man learns from others mistakes. Would either of you be interested in selling me yours???

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I like my goldfarb collection to prove to folks whats junk,especially this new mat bs rage of junk-John

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM sent

It will only serve as a thought producer. It is really interesting, but not really useful for processing material.

Many other tables, centrifuges and fluid beds exist now that work.

OP
OP
M

medgell

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep to both of you. Same old mousetrap different label. In a couple hundred years , not many new improvements or real new inventions that work, or that make the work easier and catch the gold... Its a fun hobby, but im not just digging ditches, im hunting gold and headed for the jeweler or the bank with my findings. Thanks Guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions