Microgold

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how would you "lose" it classify down very small. If you want run what makes it through the center again.Save your black sands for smelting if you feel they may have enough value to add up one day.

OP
OP
S

Sungram

Jan 3, 2013
I just know microgold is just that. So small that it can't be seen with the naked eye so that is why I said I'm scared of losing it. I have a magnifying glass but didn't know if running thru the blue bowl is a good idea.

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have saved a bunch of black sand, in process of making a miller table....But I wonder, if I can't see the gold w/ naked eye, how much do I have to recover to make it worth while ? :icon_scratch:

Remnar

Oct 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably not worth the time based on the return. But...

With the soon to be imposed mining closure here. (Winter) :tongue3:

It's a good way to have a little gold fun during the off season.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sungram,
Any thing smaller than 100 mesh run through the blue bowl isn't worth the effort or time to worry about unless you have buckets full of black sand saved up. If I can't see it, it isn't there. I don't worry about it.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do my -100 annually in as one big green pan and get enough gold to be worth the time...but only the heaviest cons material gets put thru my 100 mesh classifier.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
An assay would give you a good idea of how much gold is in the black sands. Being that in many areas most of the gold is 200 mesh and smaller there can be a great deal of gold in your black sands. I've seen assays where there was up to 3% gold by weight. That's a lot of gold! I've gotten approximately 5 oz of gold per ton of black sand concentrates. 5oz/ton is less than 1% gold by weight.

I would explain how but it's dangerous if it is not done correctly.

You should give your blue bowl a try. Classify to 200 mesh & run it thru your BB. Do a Purple of Cassius test on what runs out of the bowl to see if you lost anything. It would actually be a good idea to do a Purple of Cassius test before you run it thru your BB.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread