golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both clubs contain good & not so good claims. Sounds like your drywashing, in which
case you are doing average for out there. I myself prefer the variety of the Weaver claims.
Stop by their office, and ask Julie to pinpoint a good area for you.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
RoadRunner as a club has much better claims than Weaver. RoadRunner has many claims all over Arizona. They are quite a bit more expensive than Weaver but they give good value for the money if you want to prospect Arizona.

If you are just looking to prospect the Rich Hill area you would probably be better off on a few of the Weaver claims. All of the Weaver claims are within a few miles of Rich Hill.

The problem with the Weaver club is their claims map is wrong and over the last several years that has led to bad feelings and an occasional run in with the folks that actually own the claims (and private land) Weaver has on it's maps. This year and last year they sold or dropped nearly half their claims but their claims maps haven't fully caught up with that fact. Maybe they will make up some accurate claims maps this year and help their members out.

There is some good gold on some of the claims for both clubs. When you decide which club you want to to go with feel free to PM me and I'll give you the locations of the spots I know produce.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread