We are returning to our claim.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This post isn't so much for the forum but for those that lurk here gleaning info.

We are returning to our claim. We know where the mine is. If you choose to start flinging lead at us again, THIS IS YOUR WARNING.

I will be on over watch with a M82A1 Barret and I am well versed in it's use. If you are close enough to start flinging lead, your well within range and I DON'T miss.

We checked and we are well within our rights to return fire.

Enough is enough.

I do apologize to the forum members here for this post but after talking to numerous people in the area we are in, we are not the only ones who have experienced this and this crap is going to stop one way or the other. What we do is dangerous enough without having to dodge lead like the 1850's.

Upvote 0

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh pretty please can I come play? I have many tools of assistance. My tools catch gold and the other tools drop fools.....

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting season just opened in kalif so paint everything flaming pink as the hills are fulla gunfire by inexperienced yahoos who shoot first........and that don't even count the bloody stinkn' cartel mo'fos'----John

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post isn't so much for the forum but for those that lurk here gleaning info.

We are returning to our claim. We know where the mine is. If you choose to start flinging lead at us again, THIS IS YOUR WARNING.

I will be on over watch with a M82A1 Barret and I am well versed in it's use. If you are close enough to start flinging lead, your well within range and I DON'T miss.

We checked and we are well within our rights to return fire.

Enough is enough.

I do apologize to the forum members here for this post but after talking to numerous people in the area we are in, we are not the only ones who have experienced this and this crap is going to stop one way or the other. What we do is dangerous enough without having to dodge lead like the 1850's.

"PLEASE" Don't apologize, do what you need to do to protect whats yours and yourself. I would and "WILL" do the same. Dead men don't talk.....

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
GREAT now me and my kids gotta worry about folks with guns that shoot through solid rock.......................

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The M82, standardized by the US Military as the M107, is a recoil-operated, semi-automatic anti-materiel rifle developed by the American Barrett Firearms Manufacturing company. A heavy SASR (Special Application Scoped Rifle), it is used by many units and armies around the world. It is also called the "Light Fifty" for its .50 BMG (12.7×99mm NATO) chambering. The weapon is found in two variants, the original M82A1 (and A3) and the bullpup M82A2. The M82A2 is no longer manufactured, though the XM500 can be seen as its successor.

300px-M107_1.jpg Seems outdated, and requires a class 3 license. Sounds like the natives dont want you there.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My good friend and fellow engineer that I have worked with for 12 years. Brando (not his real name) was born and raised in Bagdad, Iraq and returned to Iraq to visit his father 2007. He had no connection with the US military until he ended up in the hands of the US Military trying to get back to the USA. He ended up spending 3 years as an embedded interpreter within a unit due to being able to speak Shite, Sunni, Kurd languages. The weapon of choice was the SAW, Squad Automatic Weapon or M249. It will ruin any ones day. Just have to point somewhere in the right direction and anything living will not be upright. Oh yeah he competed for the USA at the last Olympics in London and will compete again in the Brazil Olympics in 2016 for the USA. He was to compete for the USA at the 2008 Olympics but was busy in Iraq.

BRANDO.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GREAT now me and my kids gotta worry about folks with guns that shoot through solid rock.......................

Started as a 12B and went to the dark side. As I said well versed. ROE is active. Your mind at ease yet, SIR?

This was a very hard decision for me, but after the 6th time this happened and I realized they were walking fire in, well...........

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My good friend and fellow engineer that I have worked with for 12 years. Brando (not his real name) was born and raised in Bagdad, Iraq and returned to Iraq to visit his father 2007. He had no connection with the US military until he ended up in the hands of the US Military trying to get back to the USA. He ended up spending 3 years as an embedded interpreter within a unit due to being able to speak Shite, Sunni, Kurd languages. The weapon of choice was the SAW, Squad Automatic Weapon or M249. It will ruin any ones day. Just have to point somewhere in the right direction and anything living will not be upright. Oh yeah he competed for the USA at the last Olympics in London and will compete again in the Brazil Olympics in 2016 for the USA. He was to compete for the USA at the 2008 Olympics but was busy in Iraq.

View attachment 884113

AROOO!!!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yes i agree that posting this info was a tough decission to make.and its unfortunate that you had to post this info! i always go out prepaired to defend myself! good luck and keep safe!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No real decision to be made as the 1866 mining laws act demands"The law states that the claim owner must"aggressively deter"would be competitive claimants from taking his mining claim.There is a provision called "pedis possesseio" that if you don't aggressively defend" your claim rights a competitve claimant can take these claim rights away if the claim owner defers his responsibility to defend. It was added to make sure claims were worked and not just staked and left idle as done today withese stinkn' paper hangers who gobble them up on the computer. GOOGLE the law and read as perfectly legal and mandatory-John

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry it had to come to this MM - I know you just want to go enjoy yourself, though there are always going to be "those" type of people out there!!! Good Luck and always protect you & yours!!

Sniper6.jpg

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Started as a 12B and went to the dark side. As I said well versed. ROE is active. Your mind at ease yet, SIR?

This was a very hard decision for me, but after the 6th time this happened and I realized they were walking fire in, well...........

don't really know of any of this 12b or ROE Active, I am an active miner don't time have for political stuff as working this land consumes the bulk my time, And my body will only hold up for a few more years, documenting the way of life of the 21st century gold miner, prospecting and mining is a bit more important than all this other crap, yes I am at ease in my mind Sir, I am doing what the hell I want to do with my life and property, got no one telling me what to do or where I can or cant dig.

Its to bad your are having such a bad time with your mining claim maybe you should come out to Calif get a claim here. I don't hear much of that stuff happening in our district its fairly peacefull don't even see BLM.............

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
don't really know of any of this 12b or ROE Active, I am an active miner don't time have for political stuff as working this land consumes the bulk my time, And my body will only hold up for a few more years, documenting the way of life of the 21st century gold miner, prospecting and mining is a bit more important than all this other crap, yes I am at ease in my mind Sir, I am doing what the hell I want to do with my life and property, got no one telling me what to do or where I can or cant dig.

Its to bad your are having such a bad time with your mining claim maybe you should come out to Calif get a claim here. I don't hear much of that stuff happening in our district its fairly peacefull don't even see BLM.............

12B=combat engineer.

ROE=Rules of Engagement.

Since I will be alone without a spotter, I have to use the rifle to spot. It WILL NOT be loaded until needed. Only takes a few second to seat a mag and charge the weapon.

OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The M82, standardized by the US Military as the M107, is a recoil-operated, semi-automatic anti-materiel rifle developed by the American Barrett Firearms Manufacturing company. A heavy SASR (Special Application Scoped Rifle), it is used by many units and armies around the world. It is also called the "Light Fifty" for its .50 BMG (12.7×99mm NATO) chambering. The weapon is found in two variants, the original M82A1 (and A3) and the bullpup M82A2. The M82A2 is no longer manufactured, though the XM500 can be seen as its successor.

View attachment 884079 Seems outdated, and requires a class 3 license. Sounds like the natives dont want you there.

Don't know where you got the special license thing. Unless it is a local thing. Had absolutely no problem getting one except waiting for it to arrive after being ordered. And as far as the native thing, the rest of the crew was born as raised here.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They also make a trackingpoint rifle that cannot miss at less than 400 yards. But no manley aircraft rounds yet. Not over the counter yet.

Last edited:

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
Gold tramp, essentially he was saying he's smart enough not to flag you and your kids with a loaded weapon should you cross paths. It's there for defense against valid threats. Stay safe guys.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
ive heard stories of claim jumping and equipment thefts in California and other states. and some of them were carring weapons while claim jumping/stealing! 49er mike had several stories on his site before it went off line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions