Dry Washing Question:

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will there be much difference, in the end result, of the material you acquire after several hours of dry washing, if you do not use the fan/blower?

I am wondering how much real difference, it will make, as doing so will greatly reduce the amount of dust created when using the blower/fan system.

Upvote 0

shadowulf

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, how do you expect to "fluidize" the waste material to be washed away? And allow the gold and heavies to be trapped without the use of a blower/fan/bellows?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Constant flow offset ellipical blowers run at least 3 times the materials with much MUCH better fines retention. We ran 100s of competitive tests at Gold fairs,meetings,outings and nuttn' ever came close to my ol'PESCO units,now the industry standard for design-John

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, how do you expect to "fluidize" the waste material to be washed away? And allow the gold and heavies to be trapped without the use of a blower/fan/bellows?

I am new at this and your wording has confused me a little. Is your response in reference to the use of a Dry Washer or for a Wet Washer?

shadowulf

Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The idea is to "float away" , with water or air, the waste material. A sluice does this with water. A "dry" washer does this with air. What you sound to be proposing is taking away the air from a process that the key element is air.

If you want to get rid of the dust, you will have to use water.
A "strictly gravity separator" shaker might work in therory, but I don't have that kind of time for the material to stratify.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread