Minerals in my digging area,so many colors.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having some great finds in this area. So many minerals to explore. Here are a few pics of the dig site and maybe I can get some info on some of these. A rock or two included. Thanks. Blue mud and more quartz 002.JPG Blue mud and more quartz 003.JPG Blue mud and more quartz 004.JPG Blue mud and more quartz 006.JPG Blue mud and more quartz 016.JPG Blue mud and more quartz 022.JPG

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the pictures and that is certainly a lot of different colors...................63bkpkr

OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the pictures and that is certainly a lot of different colors...................63bkpkr

Yeah 63bkpkr, Isn't that great, might find anything in this soil and I am having a ball. I will post the special rocks I find every week until it's too cold to do it then take a break. Thanks for looking and the reply.

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are the vertical marks in the wall from excavator teeth or are they drill holes? Are you digging or blasting? My vision is not what it used to be. Is that rock metamorphic or a clay-sedimantry type deposit. Looks different than where I am from! Thanks for posting, very interesting!

Last edited:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks interesting freeman, i like it ,i mentioned to you before about the saporlite in your area the old timers were getting good gold from these degrading bedrock, i see lots of iron stianing,i notice the grayish /greenish material ,try to find a definitive contact zone if possible,as heavys tend to consentrate at the margins,have you tried milling any or acid reducing small samples doing this could tell you alot,very cool , i see you have access to a hoe, are you still following quartz in this ?

OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the vertical marks in the wall from excavator teeth or are they drill holes? Are you digging or blasting? My vision is not what it used to be. Is that rock metamorphic or a clay-sedimantry type deposit. Looks different than where I am from! Thanks for posting, very interesting!

timberjack those vertical marks are from a backhoe as that was how we discovered this dig site and the rocks are mostly quartz and shale mixed in.

OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks interesting freeman, i like it ,i mentioned to you before about the saporlite in your area the old timers were getting good gold from these degrading bedrock, i see lots of iron stianing,i notice the grayish /greenish material ,try to find a definitive contact zone if possible,as heavys tend to consentrate at the margins,have you tried milling any or acid reducing small samples doing this could tell you alot,very cool , i see you have access to a hoe, are you still following quartz in this ?

Thanks for reply and info Loco and as far as acid testing I tested a few samples with 22 kt gold acid test and I still had my yellow mark under the acid if that means anything and it did not go away so that's good I guess. Backhoe took out most of the rich quartz vein when it came down on it as we weren't looking to find anything in this spot that is probably 300 yards from the other place that we got our clear quartz but this quartz is different and don't have crystals in it.

OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey timberjack you didn't say where you are from. Are you from out west. If you are the ground here in Va is so much different to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread